Home

MixNMojo praised in UK April edition of PC Gamer

James Isaac

That guy up there ^ took the word right out of my mouth, but I'll say it anyway... Dude!:cool: (anyone else remember when <=this smiley was a lot... cooler?).

A hell of a lot should have been mentioned there but wasn't (Like the monkey island music and cd cover, okay fine, so GF was slightly better if not on par, but come on, the CMI music rocked! as did the MI1 and 2 music)

Never mind eh? There's always next time when mixnmojo hitrs the big time and we're given a full artical in some even bigger pg mag (can't think of one at the mo... can you?)

edit

You've probably already done it, but if not, please note this is on a lycos tripod server thingie and won't hold it for long so I'd suggest some mojo admin take this and archive it somewhere for future reference.

Yes, I think Joshi is right, can someone on Mixnmojo please save this before my lycos account dies.

@The Tingler: I just went to WHSmiths and brought it... there's nothing special about it - I saw the same issue in a couple of other shops aswell.

And the artcicles do take a long time to get into the magazine, so it could have been before the cancellation.

Also Smith's have always had a habit of bringing things out before they're meant to (but they've got enough money to do it, so whatever)

This actually works out great, I got the extended edition of The fellowship of the ring about three days early because smiths put it on the shelves three days (of course it took me three days to watch it all, but it was worth it).

• 2 weeks later...

If you're a fanboy, how come you only joined the forum now? Never mind, you're always welcome.

Is this part of Mark Donald's recent "get more website writers in on the deal" campaign (as posted, well, today I do believe on this site)?

Or do you mean just essays, features, news, that type of thing?

If so, the "What the hell is wrong with LucasArts?" essay would be a good place to start, as would Captain Mystery's drunken outburst in the Scumm Bar, or just http://www.savesamandmax.com.

I think you can take an educated guess at the topic.

Failing that, the Insult Swordfighting Webgame is always worth a mention.

PC Gamer UK May 2004 - Quote:

The month in - Action adventure games

While mod teams for first person shooters continue to acclain and column inches for turning the latest whizz-bang polygonal masterpiece into the last one, keen fans of adventure games work to push the genre in new directions. Thanks must go to the Crow's Nest and Adventure Gamers for their respective efforts to honour 2003's best independent adventure games. Both sites have awarded their top prize to the same game: Out of Order, created as a commercial release, but held back simply to showcase the SLUDGE engine.

Out of Order begins as Hurford, the main character wakes up from an extended nap to discover he and his bedroom have been transported to an alien world. From there it's a very British adventure game, in the mould of Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

While we're on the subject of freeware advebtyre games, it's again worth pointing out the the excellent ScummVM, an emulator dedicated to running ancient adventure games on modern systems. The recent granting of freeware licenses for "Flight of the Amazon Queen" (pictured) and "Beneath a Steel Sky" means anyone with the emulator can now do a quick search for the origional code and dive straigt in. Best of all, our rite uncle, Charles Cecil has let it slip out that now Broken Sword 3 is out of the nxt door, he's already begun work on a new game, a sequel Beneath a Steel Sky.

I wrote that out and didn't scan it cos it's not my magazine - it's my friends...

Archived