Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait, says who? His outfit is completely different in Dark Forces (clean shaven, gunmetal armor vest, gray shirt?, trenchcoat, black gloves.. I don't think we see him from the waist down in full light so the rest is guesswork), Jedi Knight (stubble to full beard, worn white shirt, brown shoulder guard, no gloves, dark gray pants, brown boots), Mysteries of the Sith (black shirt with hint of armor underneath, black shoulder pad, black pants, black boots, goatee, graying hair on the sides), then his khaki/brown "bantha herder" outfit from Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy.

He actually gets to wear several different outfits in Jedi Knight/MotS multiplayer (and then there's the black "Sith Lord" outfit from the JK cutscenes darkside ending). ;)

But still, in SP there's a new outfit for each game (except Jedi Academy).

I will admit that cutscene Kyle in Jedi Knight's outfit bears a striking resemblance to that of Jedi Outcast Kyle's outfit (the biggest difference being the big brown gloves and the shoulder patch placement), but even if the two were identical, you're still forgetting the other costume changes throughout the series. In any case, I don't see what's wrong with making his outfit look more like the one you used in the game itself, since that's what you spent the most time looking at. ;)

I'm sure you could always just swap in the default Kyle outfit if you really wanted to!

what would you say is your greatest want/need right now in your mod?

Right now we need mappers who can start remapping the JK levels in JA MP. That means we need people who can not only map but have some experience with coding and scripting for multiplayer.

But still, in SP there's a new outfit for each game (except Jedi Academy).

Yep. And reskinning the JA Kyle can do only so much. Right now we have a model that's useable for a demo, but it needs more work for an all-out release.

Well, I'm totally frustrated. I've tried texturing Sariss several times now, but no matter what, the model just doesn't look right... I've tried Jan, Tavion, Leela Jedi, Human Female from SP, and there's always something way off. I haven't given up though.

In the mean time, are there any models or skins that you would need that arent one of the dark jedi or kyle or jan? Like maybe some of the locals of Nar Shaddaa or some enemies you fight or something. Something simpler that I can be a bit more creative on would be great. Even a droid reskin is great. And i'd need reference pics, as my JK disc just broke, and I'll be going out to get a new one on tuesday along with Ep3 and BF2.

And DarkStarMojo, do you have AIM or MSN Messenger by chance?

Yep. My AIM screenname is DarkStarMojo (obviously). I didn't have it set up when I joined LFN last year and I've been to busy to edit my profile. As for reskins, everything except Kyle and Yun (of course ;-) are up for grabs. I'd love to see a variety of civilian designs, specifically different clothing styles to fit the different locales. If you're having trouble with Sariss, I'd love to take a look at what you've got so far. Maybe we can collaborate on it or something.

Hey i was just wondering how r u going to do Gorc and his lightsaber and the kill ppl and u go to the dark side save them go to the light side??

Gorc's lightsaber will just have to be bigger, is all. It shouldn't be a problem. The whole killing people and falling to the dark side thing is pretty much the same issue as the morality scale. That will have to be coded via the MP engine.

Alrighty, my normal AIM name is MattTempSn0. I'll look through my attempts to determine which is closest.

And how far we've gotten? Well, I'm not in the high up ranks, but just from memory and observations, I'd say that 1 dark jedi fight is almost ready, 1 level (first level) is about 2/3 done retextured, and I actually was wondering, what happened to Shamus's map converter? Are we using the converted maps as a base to modify from, recreate from, or are we keeping some of them just the way they are with new textures?

And I agree, a small mod of Soldier for the Empire would be great. As I said, I have the radio play of it, so we can use that for cinematics and in-game stuff.

The references map should be up on the website pretty soon. The page is already up. We just haven't had a chance to add anything yet. As for how we're using the reference maps, that's entirely up to the mapper if they want to edit the original source or create a totally new version. Nothing will be straight re-texturing, though.

That would be great. I can work on skins so much more easily if I don't have to worry about if the model will look right... ;)
Just go to our forum, create yourself an account, and ask away.

We may have to use your teams texturing/skinning talents as well. So we'll call it a combination of 5k!115

I was reading the JK website (the official one at LucasArts) the other day and recalling the stuff about Gorc and Yun being able to throw their lightsabers at you. Ah memories... (note: those were planned features that were never implemented).

Ridable Kell Dragons anyone? ;)

Okay, I've posted in Jedispy's forum. Now let's see where this thing goes...

Edit: Wow, Bomberman65 beat me by about 3 seconds. Lol.

Things are going fine. We're exploring our potential partnership with SOTE mod (hoping that goes well) and continuing to work. If I don't hear from our level 1 mapper soon (he's going to be on hiatus soon) I may have to pick up mapping that level as well, which isn't a problem since a lot of the major work (remapping, fixing errors) is done. Now the fun begins...

Archived