Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have conceded, if I have the time this weekend, I am going to dig out my modeling software and try to get some practice done, so I can get back into the swing of things. I'll see if I can make any changes to the DFMod's Bryar pistol to get it looking more like the DF2 version, as long as they're okay with that. I'm also going to try reskinning the Stormtrooper Rifle and Bowcaster. The next step will be to model Kyle/Rahn's lightsaber. These images will be a tremendous help, me thinks. Thanks.

My preference would be somewhere in between. It need some weathering to avoid looking blatantly unrealistic.

Bomberman, if you can take JK pictures, I'd really appreciate any pictures of Sariss you can come up with (live-action or in-game or even drawings) Right now I have little in the way of he back, and a close up of her upper body.

Yeah, the skin is good other than it needs to have that weathered look, instead of being pretty much pure white. I found this skin, and i might modify it and see if i can get a resemblace of the JK kyle, even though someone i know is already doing a mod Kyle. And yes, one person from my JO side (long story) is making saber and scope mods.

Zemmurk

Ok, I loved Dark Forces II .. and it's a shame this mod isn't as popular as it should be, nor moving along as fast as it should. I've sat idly by, waiting to see some big changes and whatnot... but it all seems to be reskins and other people's works.

Now, usually... this is where a trolling post would end. However this isn't a trolling/flaming post. Just for you guys, as appreciation for you dedication to the (what was almost a completely dead) mod, I have taken the reference picture of the Bryar blaster, and modelled it for you.

The model itself is 85% complete as we speak, then I shall texture it. If any of you are familiar with my works, that's not a bad thing :p . I'll post a render for you lot soon.

Merry early Xmas!

Well, I'm only one person doing pretty much all the big work (mapping, modeling (once I get a chance to reinstall my software and practice a little more), and additional texturing skinning. We need more team members who are skilled in the mapping, coding, and modeling department before you'll see any big updates. Unfortunately, I'm a full time art student and, as I'm sure you can imagine, that's a big deal so really I have almost no time to work on the mod. :( I won't be able to do any major work until December and January, while I'm on break. Until then, the focus will have to be on small things like texturing and skinning.

Thanks for the new Bryar Pistol, btw. That's very generous of you. I look forward to seeing it, especially in action.

Shamus, we all are looking forward to joining the team :). I have 3 people currently: Myself (mapping mainly, with some modeling and skinning, though i cant skin a new model :( ), Recon Trooper (skinning, weapon mods (he made the saber blade in those pics) and 2d design, like the HUD and such), and Galvatron Trooper (modeling, skinning (is wokring on Gran skins as we speak :) )). I will notify them about joining the team, and ill show them the forum here.

BTW, where's the private forum? Well all register probably under Zemmurk Trooper, Recon Trooper, and Galvatron Trooper, anythign different ill notify you.

Also, on http://www.jk2files.com, i found a Boc and a Yun skin/model. Below are links to look at, and i just got permission from the author to use them. Although the Boc has some model problems that need to be solved, along with sound reconfiguration for Boc.

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Yun;30749

http://jediknight2.filefront.com/file/Boc_the_Crude;30615

Talk to you all soon,

ZemmurkTrooper

I'll pm you the address of the private forum so we can get started asap (and because it's one less thing for Shamus to worry about ;) ) We really should coordinate so we don't end up repeating each other's work. As for the skins, Guy-Gone_Weird made our Yun skin a while back and there's not much that I feel needs tweaking, so that's finished. That Boc skin on JK2files needs a lot of work, though. I'm not sure how useful it would end up being if we modified it but we can always give it a try if all else fails.

Well here are some screens of the Bryar's model. Forgive the watermark... my Maya died, so until I gets a new one... I'm stuck in the Learning Edition.

Anyway, here are three seperate shots (thumbnailed for you 56kers :) ) I'm texturing it at the moment and will post new shots when I'm done.

shot13li.th.png

shot21vy.th.png

shot36cg.th.png

Enjoy!

Can't say that I do. Best advice is to head over to the editing forums and ask there. I guarantee someone there will know. Anyhow, how far have you gotten map-wise? At my end, Yun is complete, level 1 is finished but requires architectural enhancements, and level 2 is coming along very slowly since I haven't had enough time to devote to it recently. I've also started principal design work on level 14 (Maw's level) and completed the first gantry. We can discuss more over at the team forums. I've PMed you the address.

Archived