Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ok, guys, one question-

I was thinking today about how destruction could be like in the cutscenes with like a beam of light and all, and i was thinking of changing a few force powers too, but i have no idea how to change a .efx file. Anyone know how to do that?

Zemm

I am releasing an entire pack of brand new effects (written from scratch)... I can easily whip you up a "Force Destruction".

OK, im missing 16 textures for the falling ship, does anyone have any idea where thay could get those textures if i gave them the names of them? Right now im working on sizing everything thats buggy in size.

Also, im getting the music to work, and i was thinking -wasnt the Gork/Pic duel the same music? I was also thinking that the song i think it is isnt a really good "hurry, if you dont get out your dead" type of song.

Also, do we have a Crow model? i extracted one from the DF mod, but i think we should either get clearence from them or make our own.

Comments?

Zemmurk

Can't say. I'm terrible with math. There may be something small, though, in store for the holiday season. We'll see...

Zemmurk, you can give me the names of those textures you're missing and I'll see if I can find them. Chances are they're part of another texture set. Btw, we have the DFMod's permission to use any of the demo assests as long as we give them credit and include the free software lisence agreement (whatever that thing is actually called).

Textures:

00Tfuel

00acp1

00acp2

00acp3

00dbig2

00t_2

00t_6

01dwjam1

08Tgrate

16Tengn

16TsignGREEN

16TsignYELLOW

16TsignRED

cranbase

d4x4

e3x3top1

I was talkin to Guy-Gone, and other than the Gran skin, im gonna work on stormtrooper skins, along with the ones with pauldrons, to give them a dirtied/sand/scratch effect on the armor.

This mod is lookin awesome so far, i doubt theres gonna be a christmas release but ill work full force to get as close as i can to it

Zemmurk

I'll sift through the textures on the server and try to find them ASAP. Also, any Christmas release is more something personal I'd like to do. I have to talk my ideas over with Shamus but it'd be nice to give something to the community for sticking with us (and to whet their appetites and increase interest in the mod).

Ok, thanks. Mabe a trailer would work-if we could throw one together, it would cover what you want the release to do. Anything that needs help i would gladly hepl with, though im not chellenging anyones skill.

Also, since one we're done the mod, you were talking of then mabe adding the animation cutscenes. I was wondering, would that need new voices or are the old voices gonna be used, couse i could supply a Yun voice, and could probably find some others for the other voices.

Zemmurk

Well no offence to you guys but i really really want you to keep all the original cutscenes in the mod and i know alot of people want them in aswell so if you could please consider leaving them in cause i so much want to see them in the mod cause JK was the best out of the series and with the grafics from JA it'll be the best again.

Even though they weren't made that great Jason Court was the better Kyle and he made the Kyle charater come to life for me. So please don't destory the Kyle charater.

Keep the original cutscenes for the whole mod please i'm begging you. *Gets down on knees*. See please i'm begging you don't destory the Kyle charater for me. Please!!!!!

:tsk: Well, i agree, thats what made most of the game (even now, i love watching them), but if we do do the previously rendered ones, i was just putting up an offer. If we could give the downloader the option of the reallife or game cutscenes (by using engine and all), that would be cool, but the space needed would be too much probably.

Also, i was thinking of how, if we do do a trailer, how we could do a mix of cutscenes, JohnWil music, and some video from ingame. Any ideas and i could whip up something decent.

Just ideas, but any comments please tell

Zemmurk

P.S. BTW, i just did something today in JK that i did a few years ago-killed weegee! its funny, once you kill him Rahn says "so your choice is the dark side" :):):)

I was talkin to Guy-Gone, and other than the Gran skin, im gonna work on stormtrooper skins, along with the ones with pauldrons, to give them a dirtied/sand/scratch effect on the armor.

An alternative is to ask permission to use Hap Slash's Stormtrooper model, would save us some time.

Well no offence to you guys but i really really want you to keep all the original cutscenes in the mod and i know alot of people want them in aswell so if you could please consider leaving them in cause i so much want to see them in the mod cause JK was the best out of the series and with the grafics from JA it'll be the best again.

The main problem I see with releasing the Real Life cutscenes is that they will be HUGE!If they do release the Real Life cutscenes, I suggest making them a separate download. Think of all the poor little 56k-ers. I know, I used to be one *Salutes 56k-ers*.

Archived