Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will do I just thought that some people who come and look at the DF2 mod and are good at this sort of thing could do it. I don't mean you guys to quit what your doing with the DF and DF2 mod cause their look so bloody good so keep up the good work and we'll see if anyone can do it after the mods or someone else might be able to do it. But keep up the speachless work.

Well, most of the modding community is busy with projects by this point so the only way new mods get made is if someone actually starts a project on their own and then requests help from other people. Recreations of older games are more likely to capture people's attention than new material - hence the reason DF, DF2, MotS and SotE are all in the process of being recreated - but well-written, well-organized ideas have a lot of merit, as well. My advice, if you're really interested in seeing this made - would be to really develop a story to go with your mod idea, rather than just presenting a concept outline to modders who are likely busy with their own projects - and shop it around on other forums as well. It is a neat idea after all, but as you can see with our situation, with have other pressing concerns to deal with, atm.

Anyway, not to get too derailed, there has been a lot of progress on DF2Mod in the last month, from a major revamping of narshadda (as you can see in the screenshots Bomberman so obviously loves ;)), to considerable work on various other maps, including the latest - Gorc and Pic. We also have a lot of models being produced, as opposed to our moddeling status from months earlier, and things are definitely moving ahead. But here's the hatch: things will likely slow down for me this month as I'm approaching the end of the semester and I'll have a lot of essays, reports, and projects due in a short while. So, suffice it to say you can expect a slower month, but hang in there. It's going to be one heck of a ride!!!

Yeah well the screenshots are really good so I was just speaking my mind and maybe after some of the mods are finished someone can do mine. But the reason I just made the suggestion for my mod is to give the maker more freedom. I was just seeing if anyone wanted to do it but I can wait till other mods are done but enough of my mod idea.

I wouldn't go around posting too many screens of what could become potentially sensitive material. But it seems like someone's already mentioned that. So, take this as a mere reiteration to help enforce that point. Anyway, down to business. I'm not making the concussion rifle. What I did was import and reskin the DFMod version but this was before I found out you were making it. Comedy of errors, I guess. No big deal. I'd rather you make it since, well, I saw the actual screens on the team forum and it is looking good. *thumbsup*

hey,

i am representing the Mysteries of the sith mod for JA and would like to ask if we could possibly share resources.

i have made a new intro and text crawl for the MOTS mod with new wording. and i have also made the Left side of the MOTS HUD. come to our forum if you are interested:

http://s15.invisionfree.com/MOTS_Mod/index.php?act=idx

hope to see you there,

DT

GregK says:

we need to be accurtae, not just do things since there cool or because it would be popular. Girls might download the mod cause we put Kyle in a bikini, but were still not gonna do it.

Gaara_Of_The_Sand says:

omg make the game better

Gaara_Of_The_Sand says:

not exactly the same

GregK says:

but it has to make sense!

Gaara_Of_The_Sand says:

ITS ABOT PPL RUNNING AROUND DOING MAGIC TRICKS AND HITTING EACH OTHER WITH GLOWSTICKS! IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

Gaara_Of_The_Sand says:ITS ABOT PPL RUNNING AROUND DOING MAGIC TRICKS AND HITTING EACH OTHER WITH GLOWSTICKS! IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE!

Lol. I never, once looked at Star Wars this way. So true.

On a serious note, I don't understand the purpose of posting this exchange. If you guys aren't getting along, I'd suggest sitting down (in a virtual sense of course) and politely talking out the problem There's a lot at stake here and we don't want either of you to getting into trouble. That being said, how are things progressing Gaara, particularly with the shield belt, since, at least to my knowledge, that was the last critique Shamus sent you.

Jedispy: You're talking about the Drugons, right? We haven't given them much thought since they don't show up until the second half of the game. Right now, I'm more concerned with the flying Mailocs. ;)

Darth_Tempust: I plan to register for the MotS boards as soon as I can, but I'll let you know I'm available to do texture art at the moment, but not much else as I've got two maps to work on full time and another I'm doing architectural improvements for. Maybe by the middle of the summer, though, I could do some light Sith map work. Maybe the dark swamp *hint hint*

And Zemm, I think we should all get involved in a dialogue if we're going to share resources. We could definitely use a new HUD ASAP, and since the sith and JK huds were identical...

Well, i was saying that since i could tell Sepherr instantly, and we also were discussing this in the forums and i didnt want us to go do 20 things before Sham approved, but it seems to be going good in our forums, so unless sham says ultimately no (which he seems to be for it) i say lets do it!

And about Gaara, it wasnt that we werent getting along, just that he wanted us to put several thing in the mod, i said yes to some, no to others, (mostly possible), and when i said no he got frustrated and flipped out when i told him its up to the team and i had a no vote personally. The whole conversation gets a different point of view than just a part. And posting a point just to show that im a bad guy is not exactly something i would do or would want to see, i personally dont approve of it (though im not the admin so i cant delete it ;) ) And the public doesnt want to hear this....

Zemmrc Troopah

*ahem* Hows everyone doin eh?

Idk by reading if sharing resources is a good thing or not for you guys, personally idC, it would be cool, and if not we would live and get it done.

I think theres alot on everybody's plate atm, and maybe sharing RSs would be a good thing I guess.

I would really like talking with all the leaders or w/e, discussing a very big plan for all of us ppls.

Anyway im on MSN alot of anyone would ever like to contact me, and as mr.temp gave you guys the forum address, feel free to check it out.

My msn is bleedingsepher@hotmail.com, and yes im the leader of the Mysteries Of the sith mod.

Archived