Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

Great to hear from you, Speh. Well, it would certainly be beneficial to combine our resources. There are a lot of JK textures, for instance, which are used in Sith that we can do, and I can certainly work on these dual textures for both mods, no problem. :D

And posting a point just to show that im a bad guy is not exactly something i would do or would want to see, i personally dont approve ove it

I didn't see it that way and, personally, I don't know how this snippet of conversation could possibly put you in a bad light. Now, that being said, yes. There's no need to post private conversations on a public forum where the interest of the fans is in the development of the mod, not our personal gripes with so and so. In the future, to everyone, PLEASE DO NOT POST PERSONAL CONVERSATIONS HERE, for whatever reason. Try to keep this space related strictly to how the mod is doing, etc. I know none of us on the team are mods or administrators but it's easy enough to contact one if we feel problems are persisting.

Now, just to keep myself from breaking my own rules on getting off the topic of the mod, narshadda is about 60% complete and progressing steadily. There's also been a lot of progress on Gorc and Pic and work has begun on level 6, "Into the Dark Palace".

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I plan to register for the MotS boards as soon as I can, but I'll let you know I'm available to do texture art at the moment, but not much else as I've got two maps to work on full time and another I'm doing architectural improvements for. Maybe by the middle of the summer, though, I could do some light Sith map work. Maybe the dark swamp *hint hint*

i will need some texture work done. i need you to recreate the MOTS/JK HUD exactly how it is seen in-game then i can chop it up and make it work in JA for the mods. :p

Wait, I thought you said you had already made half of the Hud. :confused:

I'm a bit busy at the moment with the different maps I have to do, but hopefully I can register by the weekend or the beginning of the next week, the latest, just to give you a time frame. We'll talk more in depth then and work out what textures, HUDs, skins, level textures, need to be done. And now it's time for this modder to get some sleep. :p

i have already made the left side of the HUD, but i'm no texture artist and it doesn't look as good as it should so thats where you come in. :p

i will need both left and right, but i don't need left HUD's armor and health bars just the frame. :p

here is a pic of the current Left HUD:

http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7038/hud1xi.jpg

here is my msn if you want it:

tempust@optusnet.com.au

That looks really great. Only thing, the shields should get progressively darker shades of green, not just go completely black. Otherwise, the only thing I can think of is that the skin could use a little pock-marking, metal scratches, and the like. You've like me to work on it a bit, I'll pm you an email address where you can send it.

thanx DarkStarMojo, i would like your help.

and yes, i have made the force decrease by using the dissolve effect in photoshop. the armor and health get progressively darker not just from full to black, it fades to black. the health, armor and force indicators all work. the only thing that doesn't is the battery level indicator. :p

• 2 weeks later...

I guess this is my fault for not mentioning it on the team forums, but we will eventually release the sabers as a separate pack so that servers can choose to use them for their games. In fact, Gaara has been spearheading this idea for sometime. But we're going to wait just a bit.

Archived