Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys

Just wanted to say that I just played some Episode III...

It almost made me depressed in that I thought back to the old days. The days when one played Jedi Knight non-stop because it was the greatest game on earth. Before Jedi-Outcast came and soiled the franchise. Before Star Wars game went to crap.

Can't wait for you to finish this mod (both DF and JK)

Keep up the incredible work.

Now, how did Jedi Outcast soil the franchise? It revolutionized the gameplay and provided a storyline better than any installment in the series so far (in my opinion, of course). And how did Star Wars game "go to crap"? May I remind you that the most popular Star Wars game ever, and regarded by many (myself included) has come out in recent times? *cough* Knights of the Old Republic *cough*

But other than that, it's cool that you've got such fond memories of Jedi Knight. Yeah, I remember playing that game nonstop back in 1997, my best friend and I. We were so amazed by it that my dad repeatedly threatened to break it because we were wasting all of our time on it (despite the fact that he had bought it for me). Yes, Jedi Knight was indeed a wonder to behold.

Okay, I might have come off a bit harsh.

I was tired last night, and angry since I was playing Episode III: The Video Game (Which is just awful).

Regarding Jedi Outcast, I do see it as the worst Jedi Knight game. It was simple, boring, repetetive and short. Don't get me wrong, I had fun playing it, but just as things were getting cool, it ended. It should've been twice the length and much more trickier (in a non-saber-slashing way).

About Star Wars games (once again, I was reacting to the Epi3 game) I meant the latest wave of Star Wars games. I have heard extremly good things about Kotor and have never played it. However, Republic Commando, Episode III, Rouge Squadron III etc. I just miss the days where you could play for weeks with the game being continuosly fun and fresh.

Jedi Knight was fun, long, complex, goodlooking (for it's time), revolutionary, hard (in the right way) and more....

I held off playing KOTOR for a long time. I eventually got it and think it's one of the best Star Wars games ever made (I just replayed through the whole thing again recently). It's in the bargin bins now so you should do yourself a favor and pick it up.

Yeah I know... It's just, everytime I'm off to buy Kotor, I find something else (which just interests me more) and buy that instead... I have nothing against Kotor, I just don't get lured in by it...

Regarding Jedi Outcast, I do see it as the worst Jedi Knight game. It was simple, boring, repetetive and short. Don't get me wrong, I had fun playing it, but just as things were getting cool, it ended. It should've been twice the length and much more trickier (in a non-saber-slashing way).

Worse than Mysteries of the Sith and Jedi Academy?:yodac: They were everything that you mentioned, with crappy stories to boot. (Though the latter did have the best acrobatic and lightsaber moves, though, which makes it fun to play despite the embarrassingly bad storyline.)

Definately worse than MOTS. Mots at least had the same complexity in levels and not just tons of stuff to kill... Jedi Academy was more fun than Jedi Outcast, and I appreciate the length of the game... So, yeah... Jedi Outcast is the worst by far.

I'll agree that Academy is more fun to play than Outcast because of the reasons I listed (but the story was Bantha poodoo), but yeesh! Saying Outcast is worse than MOTS is unforgiveable.

Naw, I'm exaggerating. To each his own, I suppose.

EDIT: And for Pete's sake, will someone please scale down SD_Special_Ed's picture so that it's not stretching out the screen?

I'll agree that Academy is more fun to play than Outcast because of the reasons I listed (but the story was Bantha poodoo), but yeesh! Saying Outcast is worse than MOTS is unforgiveable.

Naw, I'm exaggerating. To each his own, I suppose.

EDIT: And for Pete's sake, will someone please scale down SD_Special_Ed's picture so that it's not stretching out the screen?

MOTS had the same sort of level design as JK in that it was about finding/thinking first, killing second. JO is all about killing and no thinking at all.

I never had any problems in JO, and never freezed or thought "crap, what am I supposed to do here?", unless I died over and over because an enemy was too hard... Just hack & slash...

• 3 weeks later...

Excellent Yun saber hilt. The only thing I saw was that the top shouldn't be so curvy, but rather flattened when the curve goes up on both sides (according to the [large] cutscene picture). I always figured Kyle used this saber in Mots... Anyway, I can't wait to see the mod in action and hope things aren't slowing down. I'm a huge fan of both JK and MOTS. Keep up the good work. Also, I have some mapping and scripting experience, so if you need help I would be willing.

• 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand they are busy with other real life things and (hopefully) the mod DF1 and DF2. But some communication would be nice.

For years I have watched this and I think I will let it go. I doubt it will ever happen, but they did do a great job. A shame lucasarts never made more expansions then MotS.

• 3 weeks later...
So since this hasn't been up dated in a long while, is there still progress being made?

Yes. There's a long and very confusing (I don't fully understand it, myself) story about detention that's caused a delay on DFMod. I won't go into any details except that it's diverted my attention away from DF2 for the time being but we are still working on getting the demo done. I'll see about putting together some new screens.

Archived