Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The answer to the question is up to the members of the DF2MOD team (which...I'm not actually sure who the members are other than Shamus & sith_master2000)

Hey! What about me?!

sith_master2000, if you're interested in joining the team, just email Shamus (df2modtryouts@yahoo.com) and be sure to include those Kyle skin images. Also, if you'd like I could try skinning the face. I've been meaning to take a crack at something like this but I haven't had the time (I was also meaning to adjust our Yun skin, per fan grumblings ;) but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon either). Just let me know.

Zerimar Nyliram, I haven't had a chance to read all those suggestions yet (just logged on, had to say something, and there sure are a lot, lol) but I'll see to it ASAP. In the meantime, uh... who is dark_malak2001?

I've heard of the Sith2 project, it's pretty cool, but there are a lot of limitations with editing the original source engine. It might be a nice idea to talk to them, at least, maybe trade some concepts back and forth. Their Sariss skin is quite good (hopefully, I can do one as good or, dare I say it, better).

Finally, (yeah, long post) we'll have some screenshots soon. I need to take a couple of really good pictures, email them to Shamus, and he should be able to put them on the website. So, right now it seems I'm the one holding things up. *laughs*.

sith_master2000, if you're interested in joining the team, just email Shamus (df2modtryouts@yahoo.com) and be sure to include those Kyle skin images.

Nah, I'd prefer to be freelance. I'll help out when I can.

Also, if you'd like I could try skinning the face. I've been meaning to take a crack at something like this but I haven't had the time (I was also meaning to adjust our Yun skin, per fan grumblings ;) but it doesn't look like that will be happening anytime soon either). Just let me know.

I'd rather not, I've tried skinning faces before, it ended up looking like someone had been vomiting all over the poor guy :p .

Nah, I'd prefer to be freelance. I'll help out when I can.

Okay. You'll still get credit, of course.

I'd rather not, I've tried skinning faces before, it ended up looking like someone had been vomiting all over the poor guy .

Umm, right. But I wanted to try skinning the face for you, if you're cool with that.

Your website said that that was the email of the new project leader who took over for the one that left.

If by "website" you meant this thread, then you are correct; that is (or was) the e-mail address of "Mr._Katarn," the person who restarted the mod, started this thread, and subsequently disappeared. Shamus later took over, and the mod's website is actually at http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/ and the address to email is df2modtryouts [at] yahoo [dot] com. Do tell us if you ever hear back from that dark_malak2001/Mr._Katarn guy, though.

Your website said that that was the email of the new project leader who took over for the one that left.

http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/faq.html

At the bottom of the page, it provides contact information. I think you might have the wrong address, but I'd be interested in knowing what website it is you've stumbled upon. :)

As for your suggestions, let's see... 1) basically, that's what we'd like to do. Changing the way the lightsaber combat functions would too adversely affect the gameplay, so I don't think we'll be changing it at all.

2) The morality scale is difficult. We've actually discussed that earlier in the thread but we need skilled coders/scripters to work on it, which we currently lack.

All the cutscene-related material makes sense. Bare in mind, the original cutscenes are place holders. Even if we can't make all new ones a few small in game cinematics should be entirely do-able.

10) I've had this idea for the longest time. It just makes things feel more Star Wars movie quality.

11) No problem. 'Tis a small title change.

EDIT: SlicerDude beat me to the punch with the whole website thing.

Well that's good. I thought the whole point of making this MOD is to be able to do in JK all the awesome things you can do in JA. If the saber fighting were the same as it were in JK, the what would be the point of the MOD? Better graphics, and that's all. Some things need to be like they are in JA, and one of the biggest of those is the lightsaber combat.

If by "website" you meant this thread, then you are correct; that is (or was) the e-mail address of "Mr._Katarn," the person who restarted the mod, started this thread, and subsequently disappeared. Shamus later took over, and the mod's website is actually at http://shamusworld.gotdns.org/df2mod/ and the address to email is df2modtryouts [at] yahoo [dot] com. Do tell us if you ever hear back from that dark_malak2001/Mr._Katarn guy, though.

Um, that is the website I got it from. You guys may want to update the e-mail address.

Wow! That looks really great! Those Sith statues are a nice touch. Even though I'm mostly an original-game purist, I say keep 'em.

Bomberman65: Now, I have no affiliation with the team whatsoever, but I'm going to answer your question: Of course they're going to replace the reborn with Yun. I mean, duh! Use your common sense.

The stautes, though not part of the original map, are present in the original cutscene. The whole style and atmosphere of the new version is based largely on the original fmv and that's something I've been trying to reproduce in other maps. (If you haven't guessed already, this is my work). The HUD is temporary, until we can get a new one made which will resemble the original JK as closely as possible.

No problem. I only had 4 hours of sleep (three last night, one this morning) before sitting through a six hour art class, so I understand where you're coming from. As for the lightsaber, we are going to have a new model like the one from the cutscenes, it just hasn't been made yet. ;) Like I said, these are early screens so things are still running off the JA "superstructure" at the moment. That will change eventually. And thanks for the good comments guys. C&C is greatly appreciated so I can figure out what to change for the benefit of the community.

um really really off topic but sithmaster whered ya get the starwars smileys :) i want em

Vorec= still working still recreating,

They came from LucasForums, I just looked for them in the smileys list and put them in my signiature.

Mojo: Great work on the level, still waiting for the PM though, or do you want me to send it to df2modtryouts@yahoo.com instead?

Archived