Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

The main problem I see with releasing the Real Life cutscenes is that they will be HUGE!If they do release the Real Life cutscenes, I suggest making them a separate download. Think of all the poor little 56k-ers. I know, I used to be one.

Yeah your right well if they can find a way to keep them in but make them smaller then that will be great but if you can't then i'll just have to except how u guys do the mod which will be great but it would be even better with the real life cutscenes but how u guys do it is how u guys do it. Wat i was saying is that i'd hoped that the real life cutscenes would be in there but oh well can't have everything i want.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six days is almost no time at all relative to the size of a project like this. I think you'll find that people will post things when there's news; there's no point in them getting on here to say "I didn't have time to work on the mod today." On the other hand, I would advise the team to keep us posted (as they have been doing quite well), because people have no way of knowing that work is being done (or contributing specific, helpful suggestions) if you don't tell them what you're working on. Not that you have to write a report for every single thing you do, but hopefully you understand what I mean.

It seems to work, though.

Just kidding. The truth is I did a lot of work over the weekend and we're coordinating really well with the new team members. There's going to be a lot taking place soon from graphic design (menus, etc.) to weapon modeling. Level 1 is shaping up better and faster than I expected but there probably won't be any major developments for the next two to three weeks, since that's about how much school time I've got left and with finals and all... Well, you get the picture. :)

Ok, the DS map is the map from the end of JK on the dark path, in the building where you have your throne and shuttle. Below are some pics (i know, im kinda making a non-neccesary map for right now, but i liked the idea and wanted to present it, to see if you wanted to include it in the mod)(if you just want me to release it and to forget bout putting it in, tell me)

shot0036.jpg

shot0043.jpg

shot0042.jpg

shot0044.jpg

shot0045.jpg

Questions, comments, concerns, etc. please post or tell me over any other means.

Zemmurk

I'm kinda on hold for two weeks until I finish up finals and term projects...

Same here. I'll try and make as much use of free time as I can but no promises. ;)

Anyway, now that the cat's out of the bag on the DS level (so to speak) there's no point in taking the images down. In the future, however, sensitive, potentially top secret material such as this should be shared with the team via the forums before going to the public.

I don't think you should put out a demo until you've gotten at least an early conceptual working morality scale, so that it'll feel like Jedi Knight.

Along those lines, that would also mean that you would have to put civilians in the game. If you do, you should release other mods to put the civilians you create into Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy as well. I found it kind of bogus that there weren't any in places such as Nar Shadaa and Coruscant.

Ah... well... if we can put in a morality scale by the time we've finished the demo, we will but isn't a priority for a demo release since that would probably be the first two levels (and maybe Yun). As for adding civilians into Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, I don't think there's anyway to do that without the .map files for those games, which were never released. Plus, there'd be too much additional work involved (work better spent on Jedi Knight), and re-editing the original material in such a way is probably illegal. :(

Bomberman65: That pic might help tweaking Jan's appearance a bit. Thanks.

Man, I can't believe this thread is still alive. You guys want to lobby LucasForums so we can get our own DF2Mod forum? ;)

Ah... well... if we can put in a morality scale by the time we've finished the demo, we will but isn't a priority for a demo release since that would probably be the first two levels (and maybe Yun). As for adding civilians into Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy, I don't think there's anyway to do that without the .map files for those games, which were never released. Plus, there'd be too much additional work involved (work better spent on Jedi Knight), and re-editing the original material in such a way is probably illegal. :(

I can't see the morality scale being important to a demo, given that it works gradually over the course of the game, but it might be a good idea to mention it somewhere in the demo release, and if you got a choice of light or dark powers before the Yun level (if it's in the demo) that'd be cool, although possibly too much work for something that wouldn't directly be in the full mod. I can understand why you wouldn't add to civilians to JO and JA, but I can't see how it'd be illegal, given that tweaking the original game is the most basic and legally defensible form of modding. Well, adding civilians might be a bit more than tweaking, but still.

Man, I can't believe this thread is still alive. You guys want to lobby LucasForums so we can get our own DF2Mod forum? ;)

Definitely! I think I've even brought this up a few times before, although maybe that was with the old mod ;). Any idea how we go about doing that? Anything I can do to help?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm posting this from the team forums. It's a copy of the disclaimer.txt that comes with the file and has installation and set up instructions:

JEDI ACADEMY

The Dark Palace

Author: The DF2Mod Team

Mod: The Dark Palace (for MP)

Email: df2modtryouts@yahoo.com

File size: 9.0 Mb

Purpose: Merry Christmas! ;-)

Description: You've just come up the elevator in Jerec's tower only

to discover that the map stolen from your father's home on

Sulon has been destroyed. A Dark Jedi named Yun is here

and eager to test his powers on a fledgeling Jedi, i.e.,

YOU.

Installation: Place the pk3 in a folder under your GameData folder (call it

The Dark Palace if you like). After you load up JA MP go into

setup|mods and choose The Dark Palace mod. Follow the usual steps

to launch a MP game (it'll be under the Deul maps).

Uninstallation: Delete folder where you placed the The Dark Palace.pk3.

Credits: Major props to DarkStarMojo for all the heavy lifting he did to see

this MP mod through to completion (he did the mapping, texturing,

bot work, and a bunch more :-).

-------------------------------

THIS MODIFICATION IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION, RAVEN, OR

LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC. ELEMENTS TM & © LUCASARTS

ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY LLC AND/OR ITS LICENSORS.

Hope that helps. Happy New Year!

Archived