Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Most importantly: did the contents of the suggestions thread survive? :D

I believe I have a version of it saved on my HD somewhere. I'll have to look but if there's anything that you really want to suggest (or resuggest just in case I can't find the backup) don't hesitate to post them here. :)

So do you need any help? i don't have much experience but would be willing to help in what ever way i can. let me know.

That depends on where your talents lie. You don't necessarily need to have experience working on a project (I didn't when I started out) but it is necessary to have a degree of talent in mapping/textures/coding/etc. to get a spot on the team. But don't hesitate to let us know if you think you can help out in a particular area.

That depends on where your talents lie. You don't necessarily need to have experience working on a project (I didn't when I started out) but it is necessary to have a degree of talent in mapping/textures/coding/etc. to get a spot on the team. But don't hesitate to let us know if you think you can help out in a particular area.

Well i'm barely getting into mapping/modeling so i'd say let me get the feel for that before i open my mouth anymore :) but i can post some ads in other forums to see if i can recruit some more helpers for you. if that helps.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
have you guys decided when you will update the website? i also had a question about the weapons. have you considered talking with the guy who updated the orginial game to see if you could use his weapon models?

We talked with someone from a JK update project but I believe there was more than one. I don't actually think we were able to use any of their assets without heavy modification at which point it probably be easier to just make our own models.

I have to personally apologize for not getting any screenshots for updating the website but there haven't been a whole lot of mapping developments on my end. I'm largely working toward getting the textures and menu graphics finished and making a few minor adjustments to narshadda for the demo release which, if all goes according to plan, should finally be ready. In the meantime, with the DFMod finishing up I've been working like gangbusters to correct the errors in detention center - which, I can proudly tell you have been corrected - and work on some additional "stuff" for the mod that I hope to be able to release on my own later.

We talked with someone from a JK update project but I believe there was more than one. I don't actually think we were able to use any of their assets without heavy modification at which point it probably be easier to just make our own models.

I have to personally apologize for not getting any screenshots for updating the website but there haven't been a whole lot of mapping developments on my end. I'm largely working toward getting the textures and menu graphics finished and making a few minor adjustments to narshadda for the demo release which, if all goes according to plan, should finally be ready. In the meantime, with the DFMod finishing up I've been working like gangbusters to correct the errors in detention center - which, I can proudly tell you have been corrected - and work on some additional "stuff" for the mod that I hope to be able to release on my own later.

i wonder if it was Shred18 over at JKHUB. he replaced alot of the models an what not in the original game. i think his Raildet weapon was pretty sweet. Any idea when you think the DF2 demo may come out. I must say with the map screen shots you have up it looks very impressive. looking forward to it.

Yep, it's down for sure. I also tried to go to your message board (http://df2mod.freeforumhost.com) but am getting an SQL error there.

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/freeforu/public_html/config/multiforums.config.inc.php on line 15
phpBB : Critical Error

Could not query config information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1017 Can't find file: './freeforu_sebflipper/df2mod_config.frm' (errno: 13)

SELECT * FROM df2mod_config

Line : 277
File : common.php

The message board is pretty much gone for good. We were dealing with a lot of spambots (pretty much the same affair as MOTS) and freeforumhost wasn't too reliable with their network. They went down entirely for a good two months last year.

We have an internal message board that we're supposed to be opening to the public. Shamus was going to make some adjustments to improve its superstructure, so to speak, but life seems to have gotten in the way. I'll email him about it and about the current situation with the website to see what's up. Sites do go down from time to time so I wouldn't worry about it right now. It's hasn't been down very long from what I understand.

i wonder if it was Shred18 over at JKHUB. he replaced alot of the models an what not in the original game. i think his Raildet weapon was pretty sweet. Any idea when you think the DF2 demo may come out. I must say with the map screen shots you have up it looks very impressive. looking forward to it.

A lot of the original JK Models (and this includes the updated version) lack proper skeletons. In order to use any of the playermodels/NPCs we'd have to add skeletons, re-weight them, etc. which would be almost as difficult as making a new model from scratch. I'm not sure what we're going to do about weapons. The demo will be using retextured versions of the DFMod guns but they're likely to be place holders only.

As a time frame, I'm not prepared to commit to anything. This project has, after all, taken a lot longer than expected.

This project has, after all, taken a lot longer than expected.
Tell me about it. SOTE Mod has had the same troubles. Tell me, do you enjoy it as much as I do when someone contacts you expressing great enthusiasm to help with the mod, begging to join, only to suddenly disappear and never do a #@$% thing? YEE HAW!!!!!!!! :monkbomb:

that's not the one that is shared with DFMOD is it?

No it's a separate forum hosted on Shamus' website. It's only internal because we were testing it out to make sure all the code and whatnot worked correctly but it's always intended to be public at some point, to replace our downed Freeforumhost board.

Tell me about it. SOTE Mod has had the same troubles. Tell me, do you enjoy it as much as I do when someone contacts you expressing great enthusiasm to help with the mod, begging to join, only to suddenly disappear and never do a #@$% thing? YEE HAW!!!!!!!! :monkbomb:

Oh hell yes. It's wonderful.

And on that note, the website is back up. Just server glitches, it seems.

Wow, I thought I would check this today and what a surprise, the 6 level mod has been released, I'm downloading it right now, thanks a lot DF Mod team. Darth_Linux I just realized we joined this forum on the same month 2002?? It has been 6 years... wow time just flies by.

If You guys at DF2 mod are looking for a new alternitive to freeforumhost you should really think about looking into signing up to this free IPB forum, they are called IPBfree http://ipbfree.com/home/

I used to have a forum with freeforumhost and had similar problems as you but then switched to IPBfree and I have to say it's far better, give them a try.

Wow, I thought I would check this today and what a surprise, the 6 level mod has been released, I'm downloading it right now, thanks a lot DF Mod team. Darth_Linux I just realized we joined this forum on the same month 2002?? It has been 6 years... wow time just flies by.

wow, time does fly!

make sure you read the bug list and delete text.pk3, localized.pk3 and artwork.pk3 files before playing and that will fix a few of the worst things.

we're about done with the patch and then there will be another massive download which fixes everything and includes all the cutscene videos that are presently missing from the beta release.

Oh, I totally hate that too! It is probably the worst aspect of modding.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived