Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

well some one needs to bridge the gap or take the first step. can't all sit around waiting.

Well, I just finished up DFMOD and I've been quietly working on some DF stuff that's looking really good. Unfortunately, I just bought and installed Republic Commando and something on the DVD seems to have screwed up my combo DVD-RW/CD-RW driver's ability to read CDs. So I have to sort that out before I can do any substantial modding since I won't be able to check my work after running a compile.

Here's a link to the thread I posted in the RC forums asking for help.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186083

If anybody here has encountered a similar issue, I'd love any advice you can offer. This is a priority for me to take care of naturally.

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Same. The only issue I have with RC is that I run Windows Vista, so the graphics need to be dumbed down hella.

Stupid Vista.

I'm running it on XP and the graphics are nothing mind-blowing even with all the features, bells and whistles maxed out.

Anyway, I haven't fixed the drive, though I suspect it's a problem with the drivers. I tried updating them but so far no luck. I may have to uninstall them completely and then do a clean reinstall which I don't have the time for right now. The good news, though, is that I bought an external DVD-RW drive so I'm back in business. :)

• 4 weeks later...

We have screenshots of the WIP weapon models in this thread: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=186572

There's also an update on the different maps further down and I'll be starting a separate thread regarding the progress of the maps very soon. Right now, I've been working on terrain for levels 3 and 4 and I have a working build of level 8 with the throne room, elevator, and the first roof top. I've been meaning to reinstall JK on my laptop so I can pursue a different approach to the mapping process that, hopefully, will lead to better results overall.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, actually the team have their own Kyle that is going in the mod; ZemmurkTrooper has been working on it. He posted and put up some pics at The Void: http://z9.invisionfree.com/Hapslashs_Void/index.php?showtopic=7106

However, there is a Kyle model you might could use in your mod, since I'm not sure if ZT is making his Jedi Outcast compatible. Darth Tempust made his Kyle for Jedi Outcast. Heres where to get it:

DT Kyle

• 3 weeks later...

I have no idea. I also have no control over the domain, whether it stays up or goes down. That's Shamus' department. I'll talk to him about it but we do have an alternative that's waiting in the wings. All I need is the go ahead to point everyone in the right direction.

Nice good to hear it. Also I'm hoping to start on computer animation/modeling very soon I'm going to be doing a course on it hopefully. If you guys are still going when I've done some I can come and give you guys a hand. Anyways love the hard work you guys are putting in keep at it.

Archived