Home

Dark Forces 2 Mod

Mr._Katarn

• Replies 903
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I bought Jedi Academy 3 weeks ago and since discovering that there were no completed total conversions I decided that it would be a good time to learn to mod with a Q3 based game so I could help out with TC's and I wanted to make my own little mods of course. Anyway after downloading the SDK, tools, tuts and learning how jedi academy works by inspecting and modifying every file I have come to have a good understanding of it all.

So then I saw this thread and it caught my interest. So I would love to please join the team for Dark Forces 2. I can help with the coding/scripting, modelling and texture creation. I admit I am not a very good character modeller as I have not had much experience modelling characters but I am very good at weapon/item/vehicle modelling and skinning.

Originally posted by Scythe01

So then I saw this thread and it caught my interest. So I would love to please join the team for Dark Forces 2. I can help with the coding/scripting, modelling and texture creation. I admit I am not a very good character modeller as I have not had much experience modelling characters but I am very good at weapon/item/vehicle modelling and skinning.

I sent you a PM about joining the team--check your private messages! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the project is still alive, I've just been a little busy with other projects at the moment... If the project ever were to go away (not while I have anything to say about it ;)) there would be a big announcement on the unofficial mod page.

Scythe01: I still haven't gotten an email or PM from you yet. I'm still looking forward to seeing what you've got. :)

Yeah, I got 'em. ;) I'm still waiting to hear from The_One about a forum here, but if it doesn't work out I'll prolly take your advice. :)

The_One: Are you around? Did you get my message about the texture tool you guys are using? I'm pretty sure we're going to need to use something like it, especially if the mod gets some more texture artists...

Hello Shamus

Could I make a small, teensy weensy request. Could you possibly add some updates to the site, say like on a monthly basis? I'm not asking for quantum leaps of achievement each month, but more just a steady trickle of 'what's been happening', kinda like a drip feed. Even if it's just "member X got added this month", etc.

I, as I'm sure others do as well, value and respect what you are doing, it's just that one of the major criticisms of the previous team was that they failed to keep the PR going sufficiently. People either: didn't know they existed, didn't know they were still going, didn't know what stage they were up to, and so on. It was a shame really.

All the best, and please don't take this the wrong way, it's just that these things can live or die by the community (or lack thereof) that gets behind them.

Disco Hips: Check the website. ;)

Scythe: I haven't heard from Reaper, so the answer to that would be no. :(

Vorec: That's a good idea until we have some sort of texture management software in place. I'll try to coordinate what I can between you two. :)

I wanna join the mod! I can map (though I'd need help with objectives), skin, edit sabers, some visual effects, a little sound. Anyone have a place for me in this mod? Like several others on this thread, I too had started a mod of this very nature, and I want to help.

Let me know!

Thanks

TATERS

Archived