Home

X-Box demo confirmed!

VanLingo

I don't have an X-Box, but I thought you'd all like to see this.

FYE -- the music/movie store -- has a list of special features. The link to pre-order Star Wars is here: http://www.fye.com/catalog/moviesProduct.jhtml?itemId=11061332

The actual list is here: http://www.fye.com/repositories/staticPages/popups/starwars/starwarsfeatures.htm

Nice.

-- Lingo

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my book, a demo should mean a playable portion of the game. Unfortunately some marketing machines persist in calling gameplay videos 'demos' just to confuse everyone.

Guess you'll have to wait and find out...

I just hope there's a PC demo released prior to the finished game shipping...

Episode III Behind the Scenes Preview

Section One - The Creator: Finally the birth of Vader. George talks about finally bringing Vader back to the series and teases about Anakin's descent to the Dark Side and the powers of seduction in play.

Section Two - The Costume: Black is back. For the last Star Wars movie ever and the birth of the ultimate villain, a new costume was forged. This segment answers some key questions: who created it? was it made for Hayden?

Section Three - The Actors: Finally I get to become Vader. Key interviews with the cast (including Hayden) and crew sharing their thoughts and experiences about working on the last Star Wars film and finally seeing the completion of the Saga. (10 min.)

Yes, yes it does

Maybe, when they say that the demo is 15 minutes, they really mean that its actually a "making of" documentary showing you how the "Battlefront" game was made as well as giving you a non-playable sneak peek at some of the levels. It's been done before. The first tomb raider movie had a 10 or 15 minute demo on the DVD. But it was actually a documentary about the making of "The Tomb Raider Chronicles" video game. There was no playable demo.

15 minutes of standard play DVD video takes up 0.5875 GB or 500-600 MB. If that time is just showing how much space it takes up if it were DVD video like eastcoast2895 said, then I'd say the size is about right for a demo...and a rather large demo at that...

Originally posted by Gabrobot

15 minutes of standard play DVD video takes up 0.5875 GB or 500-600 MB. If that time is just showing how much space it takes up if it were DVD video like eastcoast2895 said, then I'd say the size is about right for a demo...and a rather large demo at that...

Actually, 0.5875 GB is 601.6 MB

Most XBOX games are pretty big, several gigabytes, so a demo must be pretty big also

I would think it is playable because it wouldn't say XBOX if it weren't. If it were some type of non-playable documentary I think they would say PC/PS2/XBOX demo so it would appeal to more people rather than just XBOX owners.

Originally posted by lukeiamyourdad

I don't think so. It sound weird. A 15 min demo? Either way it sounds weird.

On my "zelda collectors item" disc there is a 10 min windwaker demo. It's a demo like any other, though a bit bigger and when you have played 10 mins it stops. I do think that this swbf demo is a movie

Archived