Home

If you could have any ship.

Atti-Muni

There isn't that much difference between an E and X-wing

Sure, if you're talking a T-65A X-wing. But the XJ and XJ3 classes of X-wing can outmaneuver and outperform an E-wing any day, as well as having superior weaponry and shields. Now you want cool, you've got an R7 unit (which was designed specifically for the E-wing and typically only works with an E-wing) working on an XJ X-wing, that's what you call cohesion (mind, it took a Jedi several tries to get it to work, but even so...)

Regardless, a TIE Defender could kick either one from here to the next galaxy if it had someone like Wedge Antilles flying it (anyone else remember Isard's Revenge?). And my ship, the Fate's Whip (what I described before) could easily outperform any of them in any given scenario.

I'd take the Ebon's Hawk for its time, but it wouldn't be able to match up in the modern area. That was before they even had standard shielding on all ships of that size.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Master_Keralys

Sure, if you're talking a T-65A X-wing. But the XJ and XJ3 classes of X-wing can outmaneuver and outperform an E-wing any day, as well as having superior weaponry and shields. Now you want cool, you've got an R7 unit (which was designed specifically for the E-wing and typically only works with an E-wing) working on an XJ X-wing, that's what you call cohesion (mind, it took a Jedi several tries to get it to work, but even so...)

Regardless, a TIE Defender could kick either one from here to the next galaxy if it had someone like Wedge Antilles flying it (anyone else remember Isard's Revenge?). And my ship, the Fate's Whip (what I described before) could easily outperform any of them in any given scenario.

Now I have to go back and check my sources again. I'm going by Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPG material (still haven't seen specs for the Tie Defender, though I don't have access to all issues of Star Wars Gamer at the moment). What sources are you drawing on?

I'd take the Ebon's Hawk for its time, but it wouldn't be able to match up in the modern area. That was before they even had standard shielding on all ships of that size.

I just like the looks and the layout of the Ebon Hawk and since it's old it would be very cheap, meaning I could afford to spend the credits to upgrade it to more modern specs while keeping the outdated transport look.

• 2 weeks later...
Now I have to go back and check my sources again. I'm going by Wizards of the Coast Star Wars RPG material (still haven't seen specs for the Tie Defender, though I don't have access to all issues of Star Wars Gamer at the moment). What sources are you drawing on?
Well, I'm drawing on the literature for the NJO. I haven't followed the actual stats from the RPG per se, but I'm familiar with standard armament and speed ratings, etc. While I don't know where the TIE Defender falls in terms of the standard RPG system, I know from the X-wing series of books (as well as the game) that their maneuverability and speed ratings far exceed those of an X-wing, with shielding capacity roughly equivalent. More, they have equal laser firepower, plus two ion cannons, plus an equal missile bank layout to a T65-A X-wing.

In regards to the X-wing v. E-wing scenario, my reasoning is thus:the XJ X-wing (and its further advanced follower, the XJ3) are said to have boosted both firepower, added another missile bank (taking the total to 3, not just 2), and increased speed, maneuverability as well as shielding. Now, given that (as has already been pointed out), the X-wings remained the mainstay of the New Republic/GFFA fleet throughout the course of the war with the Yuuzhan Vong, while E-wings were less common - used, but considerably less so - my logic is that it makes sense for the NR/GFFA to be churning out the better fighter. Those improvements in speed and maneuverability are therefore likely to equal (if not exceed) those of the baseline E-wing. Further, the E-wing has since been co-opted by a number of shadier groups (much as the Z-95 was), while the X-wing never was. That's because the X-wing was the better choice for the Republic to go with during the war.

I just like the looks and the layout of the Ebon Hawk and since it's old it would be very cheap, meaning I could afford to spend the credits to upgrade it to more modern specs while keeping the outdated transport look.
I completely agree with you. It does look pretty cool.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest HalfSwedeLarz

id have my own custom ship called Larz it would be a huge ship with a docking bay and other ships in there and my HUGE living quarters and swiming pool and plasama tv(or whatever is the best in the SW galaxy) and i could just have my ship orbit a planet so if any1 needed to find me i would be orbiting that planet sorta like living on it yea and also if a death star approached that planet id be the first 1 outta there he he :D

Like I said earlier...an Executor-class Star Destroyer painted white...with better weapons...shields...armor...speed...loaded with modified TIE Defenders, XJ3 X-wings, and Zonama Sekot Starfighters...but all of the Zonama Sekot Starfighters would be symmetrical and congruent!!

:fett:

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

if i had to battle i would randomly choose a ship because my home ship wwould have lots of fighter ships in it

Guest HalfSwedeLarz

you are going off the subject its not called 'IF you could have a female in your own ship' its called 'if you could have any ship' personally i dont care about spam but when it gets me in trouble i do i have ZBomber Insanesith and ET to thank for the conversations thread being closed and you shouldnt be getting other peoples thread closed too

Originally posted by ET Warrior

:violin:

ET, your violin is too large.

Larz..... ..... no. just. no. Your thread was closed because it sucked period. :)

plus this thread is pretty much dead anyways, most people have posted what ship they would like. also, If you can post that you have lots of tie fighters in your ship, I feel I should be able to talk about my "payload" XD

also, I was bored with your pissing contest with majin revan about who's ship was better.

Archived