Home

Which Star Wars Film Has the Best Music?

txa1265

Which Film has the Best Music?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Film has the Best Music?

• TPM (Duel of the Fates, Sith Spacecraft, etc)
    • AotC (Love Theme, Zam the Assassin, Arena, etc)
    • ANH (Binary sunset & hologram, tales of a Jedi Knight, etc)
    • ESB (Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, Lando's Palace, etc)
    • RotJ (Emperor's Theme, Battle of Endor Suite)
    • I can't pick just one!!!

Not necessarily the best song, but the overall score.

Just FYI, my heritage on my mother's side is Polish, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm feeling a bit Pollish today ... just exploring my Roots! ;)

Mike

(great ... I make a joke reference to a 1977 miniseries when the average person here was born ~1988!)

Originally posted by txa1265

...just FYI, my heritage on my mother's side is Polish, so you'll have to excuse me if I'm feeling a bit Pollish today ... just exploring my Roots! ;)

Mike

(great ... I make a joke reference to a 1977 miniseries when the average person here was born ~1988!)

Mike, your starting to ramble..... it begets your age ! :D

back to topic, the imp march is the standout theme of the entire saga so far, I cant wait to hear it in Ep3 !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by StormHammer

I'll vote for ESB...but that's probably because it's my favourite film. ;)

AotC is still my favorite film (followed by ESB), but I'm having a hard time deciding between ESB and RotJ for best music. ESB has some tremendous pieces, but RotJ has the epic suite ... and the ANH has some of my favorite themes ... tough choices.

Mike

I like the Imperial March, but when it gets to overall score, I have to go with EP1 - I enjoyed the music throughout that movie, and I felt that it heightened the tension of the film that much more (especially during the Maul/Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon fight scene!)

Originally posted by GonkH8er

AotC <snip> and as sub-par as we all found the movie

Ahem ... *some* of us don't agree (i.e., me).

I'm part of the 'grew up with Star Wars' group, the 'I saw it xx times in theaters' crown, the group that is supposed to feel betrayed by the prequels, who are supposed to feeel that 'Lucas has raped our youth' as someone once said.

But I don't.

OK, The Phantom Menace is my *least* favorite Star Wars film, despite some fine work by Liam, Ewan, Ian, et al, and some awesome saber action.

But AotC is my favorite. Yes, I like it more than ESB. Even after 2 years to digest it, having watched it in theaters a few times, seeing it in the IMAX theater, watching it a bunch of times on DVD at home and in airplanes on my Powerbook, I still love it best of all. Despite some flaws.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Ahem ... *some* of us don't agree (i.e., me).

I'm part of the 'grew up with Star Wars' group, the 'I saw it xx times in theaters' crown, the group that is supposed to feel betrayed by the prequels, who are supposed to feeel that 'Lucas has raped our youth' as someone once said.

But I don't.

OK, The Phantom Menace is my *least* favorite Star Wars film, despite some fine work by Liam, Ewan, Ian, et al, and some awesome saber action.

But AotC is my favorite. Yes, I like it more than ESB. Even after 2 years to digest it, having watched it in theaters a few times, seeing it in the IMAX theater, watching it a bunch of times on DVD at home and in airplanes on my Powerbook, I still love it best of all. Despite some flaws.

Mike

I love you, but not in a gross way.

G

OK, I've decided to check myself scientifically ... since I still can't decide.

So I'll list the number of songs from each film in my iPod 'Star Wars Faves' playlist.

TPM - 3

AotC - 7

ANH - 6

ESB - 7

RotJ - 11

So I guess I prefer RotJ? Hmmm ... maybe this isn't the best way to do it ... ;)

Mike

Archived