Home

Which Star Wars Film Has the Best Music?

txa1265

Which Film has the Best Music?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Film has the Best Music?

• TPM (Duel of the Fates, Sith Spacecraft, etc)
    • AotC (Love Theme, Zam the Assassin, Arena, etc)
    • ANH (Binary sunset & hologram, tales of a Jedi Knight, etc)
    • ESB (Imperial March, Yoda's Theme, Lando's Palace, etc)
    • RotJ (Emperor's Theme, Battle of Endor Suite)
    • I can't pick just one!!!

I love the AOTC soundtrack, but the music for ROTJ just nails it somehow. Especially in the final fight scenes between Luke and Vader. Also, the repeated inclusion of the fantastic Jedi theme (which is still my favorite John Williams theme ever, though closely followed by Across the Stars). And I did like the music at the end in the ROTJ SE. AOTC comes second, but DOTF is absolutely awesome music...

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

Especially in the final fight scenes between Luke and Vader.

That is one of my favorite scenes in any movie ever. The tumultuous music, the furious saber battle, perfect.

Originally posted by Master_Keralys

And I did like the music at the end in the ROTJ SE.

As did I.

Mike

s**t, this is hard. i'd have to go with a new hope, the celebration song, and the binary sunsets kick ass. AOTC had some good ones especially the very last one where the ships are all leaving, i think it was a mix of the imperial march then moved to the love theme. and in a few scenes before that the emperor's theme plays. good stuff but ANH and AOTC have the best, IMO.

I voted ESB for overall... but the "Tie Fighter Attack" sequence (where the Falcon has just blasted out of the Death Star and is set upon by 4 Ties) from ANH is my favorite music of the entire series so far. I find myself humming that all the time.

My favorite work of John Williams is the score to "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind" however.

Archived