Home

controls

I hope that the controls are somewhat like halo's. I.E right trigger shoots and left trigger throws grenades. But maybe instead the 'nades could be another weapon and you have to change weapons to get to it. Just hope you can't carry 20 weapons though. Also I hope they don't make it like ghost recon where it takes forever to switch weapons. Anyway opinoins.:)

PS: I will be playing on the xbox version. Slight chance of getting it on the ps2 but I like fps on the xbox because the ps2 just has too many shoulder buttons to me.

i don't think grenades are going to be a common item. according to the ign article about classes in the rebel alliance, only the soldier and sharpshooter has thermal detonators as items. so i think that they will be needed to switch to the third item of the class has (thermal detonators, med kits, etc.)

Originally posted by Ultar Terragorn

You will not be able to pick up the weapons of other classes, so you will not have multiple items to deal with but enough to do the job. I could name Enemy Territory.

Just to clarify about Enemy Territory - you can switch your main weapon for another that an enemy or ally has dropped. I'm not sure if that is true of all classes, but the soldier class can certainly switch between machine gun, panzerfaust, flamethrower and mortar if they happen to come across those weapons in the field.

It would be good to see weapon switching in Battlefront too, because it adds variety.

Originally posted by Evil Dark Jedi

I read you can only carry two weapons and a certain type of grenade or other item. i.e the medical kit that the rebel smuggler(wookie) carries

:bdroid2:

You can only carry the weapons you got from the start (the ones that belong to the class you chose).

Picking up weapons from died players from another class is impossible.

Originally posted by dark jedi 8

yes but if your a rebel soldier can you pick up fallen imperial soldiers weapons? i didn't think you could but it would be cool.

maybe you can if they're from the same class. But then, what would be the point, you would already have those weapons.

I just use a joystick witch makes it easy. But if you're wondering what it will be like to fly a ship in swbf, it'd be a lot different than experiences I've had with flying a ship. but I don't imagine it will be difficult, if that's what you're concerned about.

you know this is gay. you need to be able to pick up the weapons of the fallen. it makes it more realistic. man, if one of the guys on my team dies and i am only a medic i (in real life would) pick up he/her weapon if it was better that mine. good god make the aquision program like that of halo.

Originally posted by Light_master7

you know this is gay. you need to be able to pick up the weapons of the fallen. it makes it more realistic. man, if one of the guys on my team dies and i am only a medic i (in real life would) pick up he/her weapon if it was better that mine. good god make the aquision program like that of halo.

Woah, registered to the forum to say this? Can't say I registered for a better reason...

Another reason, in my opinion, that you can't pick up weapons is realism. If you were there fighting the battle and you were a medic, as in your example, and you saw a dead marksman and picked up his weapon, you wouldn't know how to use it effectively. So they don't want you picking up things that you normally wouldn't know how to use. It'd be kind of like cheating.

And you'll never burn me! I'll ummm, zap myself fireproof! :p

The major reason you can't pick up another class's waepons is to encourage teamwork.

Otherwise you get mostly ego scenarios:

Sniper walking to the forest of Endor

Sniper runs into an AT-ST

Possebility 1 (you can pick up waepons): I need a protontorpedoelauncher, o look there is one!

Possebility 2 (you cannot pick up waepons): *use chat* Anti-vehicle reinforcements please

Archived