Home

sand worms

JerAir1587249581

I was messing around in the map with the sand worms and I noticed there were a lot of thermal detonators lying around, so I threw a couple just for the heck of it and the sand worm ate it!

I threw a few more and it ate another one. Then it died.

I was amazed I actually killed it.

So all you have to do to kill one is to make it eat 2 thermal detonators. The sand worms won't eat them if they don't keep moving.

I also found out that they won't eat you if you stand still, but once you move they'll eat you.

I found that out a while ago, but I forgot to post it. For the hardest level its 3 thermal detonators. Make sure to use the primary fire(bounces before exploding) and throw where it wont roll too close to anything, or the sand worms can't eat them. The sand worms appear to decrease in number but never completely go away.

Originally posted by Radd

I wonder if it would be possible for someone to make an MP map with sanbdworms in it? That was one of my favourite levels in the game, would be nifty to see it's impact on a multiplayer game.

I think you can spawn one in MP (on a cheat enabled server of coruse)

Uh, in Jedi Academy, you can spawn NPCs in multiplayer with cheats enabled or if an admin gives you NPC rights.

If it were impossible to spawn NPCs in multiplayer, how is there a Wampa and an R5 droid on the Hoth siege? And swoop bikes and a Rancor on the Tatooine siege? And ships on the Star Destroyer siege?

I've tried spawning sand creatures in multiplayer, they don't do anything except lay in the sand beneath you, they won't eat anything.

ok

1.yah cuz i couldnt spawn npcs in MP but ppl kept

telling me i could so know i know cant. thanks:trooper:

2.as for the MP map with the sand creatures just start

the kind of mode you want to play in (ffa,duel,...) and once

the game is loaded just type in the console "t1_fatal" (i think

thats the SP map name tell me if i am rong) and your having fun

getting eaten by sand creatures:D :trooper:

whoever made the last hope mod did an awesome job of getting boba fett and mercanaries to function right in mp. i hope he makes the sand worms like they were in sp and the mutant rancor have its fire breath in the next release.

Last night I spawned a Rancor vehicle in the t1_fatal mission. Here I am trying to get around a boulder when gulp my Rancor disappears from under me. The friggin' Sand Creature ate my Rancor! :eek:

Swoops can be fun in this mission too, but once you slow down they chomp on ya quick. Neat watching several of them chase after the rogue swoop while you're being digested. :D

Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

Last night I spawned a Rancor vehicle in the t1_fatal mission. Here I am trying to get around a boulder when gulp my Rancor disappears from under me. The friggin' Sand Creature ate my Rancor! :eek:

Swoops can be fun in this mission too, but once you slow down they chomp on ya quick. Neat watching several of them chase after the rogue swoop while you're being digested. :D

heh just wait till you see the

Mutant Rancor (npc spawn mutant_rancor)

You know, I think I only ever got eaten once. Usually whenever I start a new game, that's the first level I pick. For me it's a breeze. Whenever hit the sand I just use force speed and outrun them. There is one worm though, that almost gets me every time. He hides right next to the trench (just on the left side - if your making your way forward from your ship) in the middle of the crashed ship and then pops up right before I jump down in. The first time I almost jumped out of my chair, I never expected one to be there. Now though, I've gotten used to it.

Merchant Rescue (t1_danger) is also my default first mission. Speed is the only one to bother using. I consider it tier one's "gimme" mission, much like the swoop bike mission (t2_trip) is tier two's and the mutant rancor (t3_stamp) is tier three's. Helps plan Force allocation.

With the swoop I was able to explore the map. Before I could only get halfway before getting swallowed. Ya think a hover bike wouldn't attract worms but nooo, they come out in droves. That's where spawning jedi_random come in. :D

Anyhoo, had to reinstall after two days of spawning, saber and player model switching. :(

Archived