Home

Do you like irish+scottish songs and instrumentals?

Wanderer

Do you like irish and scottish songs & instrumentals?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like irish and scottish songs & instrumentals?

• yes, it's magic
    • no, forget abouuuuddd it!

It depends what you mean by Irish music or Scottish music. Do you mean folk, or traditional? Modern or ballads? Or maybe instrumentals, like Jigs and Reels?

Personally, I like a selection of the above. I like violin Jigs and Reels, some ballads, some folk, and even a few with bagpipes. Enya and Clannad are also favourites.

Anyway - what about Welsh music? Or do you have something against it? I have a CD with a selection of Irish, Scottish and Welsh Folk music, and it's pretty good.

;) that I didn't mention welsh music, means not I have something against it. Maybe some songs I hear are welsh, I don't know.

I was just hearing these two songs and found that I like irish songs (yes more ballad, folk, enya....these soft classical themes also with a little bit more movement but not too much) very very much.....

very good songs from this part of the world....

Im of Turkish heritage, we have very rhythmic music, I also love spanish(flameco) music which is also very rythmic and passionate.

I really am not a fan of that celtic stuff Im afraid, it reminds me of Enya and parts of the damn LOTR soundtrack(that fluty thing everytime Frodo and Sam start whining about The Shire).... Bleh !

*has a bad flashback to 'The Wanderers" singin "I'm on mee waaay"*

..gee, I hope that isnt where you got your name from wanderer, if so then Im a bit worried, but then again, different strokes for different folks..... enjoy :)

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Wanderer

Yes...I'm interested if you are....

In my opinion irish songs have the great feeling of desire to far lands and mystic....

I'm listening now to foggy tune and enya...an irish love song.

what irish and scottish songs do you listen to?

It's all about U2, me lad. Greatest Irish band in history (that I know of) :D

I'm still looking for the song "MacDonald's Raiders" by the Irish Rovers (hint: has nothing to do with fast food, it's about pirates or something).

If anybody has an info, feel free to email me or send me a PM! (I don't check the Swamp much I'm afraid)

Archived