Home

Battle for Hoth

slapshot16

Vandar winced and Galvii tightened the hold on him. His mind raced. "How am I gonna bluff my way outta this one?," he thought as the grip tightened more and more. "There's nothing I can think of to do! and I got this blood-thirsty corellian on me... geez... what am I going to do.... "

OOC: Sorry about the triple post, my PC was playing up.

IC: As Trikon'eri neared the base, he dismounted the Taun-Taun, in an attempt to minimise his chances of detection. The bodyguards automatically followed, as the group walked slowly towards the base entrance.

Trikon looked down at the ground. There were bodies lying on the ground. They were dressed in the typical white and brown clothes of the Hoth Rebels. As there was no blaster scarring on the walls, they must've been taken by suprise. There were multiple footprints on the snow, all the same size.

Snowtroopers.

Pressing himself against the wall, he tapped in the code for the door. As it swished open, his bodyguards swung around the check the area. This corridor was clear. It looked like the Imperials had had no trouble once they had got into the base. Trikon'eri once more signalled to his bodyguards, giving them the order to keep going through the base. Ready for intruders.

OOC: Sorry that i was gone so long, my computer acted weird.

IC:Gander saw his commander, but he tought it was wise to stay hidden. Afterall, he did disobey a direct order. He slowly walked towards his commander, prepared to be punished. If he didn't wear his helmet, you could see the scared look on his face... Galvii was the only thing he really feared.

IC: "Answer me, core-slime! You want to take a pot shot at me, you'd better hit my skull next time, bantha brain!" Galvii's grip tightened around the assassin's throat. "Assaulting an Imperial officer, your subordinate or not, is a capitol offense, scum. I hope you like your internal organs well done, because I'll make sure someone feeds them to you one by one. Answer me!"

Galvii Tonez was red with rage under his stormtrooper helmet. He was thoroughly enraged by this attempt on his life by the arrogant assassin. And where was TK-423?

IC: Another corridor, another set of bodies. As they got closer, there was something unusual about these bodies. They looked like they had been hit by a disruptor blast. Well. The remains looked like that. There were no marks on the wall. They were dealing with more than ordinary snow troopers here, they were dealing with elite Imperial commandos.

As he neared the secondary control centre, he got his bodyguards to check that the room was clear. It was, but there was no-one there. Logging into the main computer there, he began cycling through the security systems. None of the security doors had been blown open. That was good news.

Security cameras next. Main control centre clear. No, they weren't being ambushed. Hangar, clear. Primary reactor. Not clear. There were Imperial troops outside, setting up charges on the doors. The people inside were oblivious.

Switching off the cameras, Trikon'eri contacted the head of power in the base with a simple message. Prepare.

Gander got out of his hiding place. Galvii focused his anger on Vandar, so Gander should be safe for a while. He walked towards Galvii and said: 'Er, sir. I think you better release him now, before you kill him. Afterall, this wouldn't be the first time... And the Empire paid a high price for this guy. Someone will get pretty angry if you kill him.' Gander prepared himself to be strangled to death...

OCC:Galvii loosened his grip. Vandar breathed in great gulps of air. He stood up and dusted himself off. "Now, I must get back to my mission. I bid you goodbye."

Vandar ran down the hallway, thankful to get away from Galvii. "Dang it. The one time I miss, I have to miss him. Why? "

Vandar ran through hallways and corridors until he ran into the control room. There was one trooper. He was easily disposed of. Vandar decided to check the computers. What he found astonished him.

"I can't belive it. He left." Vandar sliced into some flight records. The Admiral had left just at the begining of the battle. Vandar would have to follow him.

He ran toward his TIE Interceptor. He cursed inwardly to himself. He was so foolish. He had engaged in unnecessary combat, and his target had escape.

Vandar got to where he left his ship. It was now just a few pieces of rubble now. Vandar swore loudly, cursing the Rebels, The Admiral, and most of all, Galvii. He hated that man. He would have to get even eventually.

IC: Trikon'eri watched as the small Rebel ships blasted away from the base. Out into space, where they could rendevous with the main rebel fleet. Then, checking once more on his cameras, he spotted a lone Imperial trooper standing in the main control centre. He left almost immediately, but Trikon had other plans.

Gesturing to a bodyguard, they moved to opposite ends of the room, and flipped open casings on the walls. Inside were places to put security chips. Trikon'eri was second in command of the base, due to his wealth. Just below him was his bodyguard, who had been well trained in security protocol.

Both nodding to each other, they inserted the clearence cards that they were issued with into the holes, and tapped in a code on control panels nearby. The effects were seen almost instantly.

Red lights started flashing all over the base, accompanied by blaring sirens. Blast doors began to seal over the doors of the compound, sealing everyone where they were. Now, unless they had permacrete detonators, the Imperials were stuck.

Then, opennning a channel wih the power room, he gave what were likely to be his final instructions to his rebel comrades. To set the reactor for overload.

Archived