Home

re: jedi knight (just say "no" to warez requests)

Rockstar

ok ok, i apologise to the forum

sorry for creating another thread but since you shut the old one this was my only way to reply. sorry for creating multiple threads, it was an accident! i realised i posted in the DF forum instead of the JK forum. now in reply to TXA (who did reply nicely :))

i live in Australia, how about you?? i HAVE checked game stores, and they don't sell it nor order it in because i really don't think lucas arts give a cr*p if they sell any more JK copies with the new sequals out (which i am about to have BOTH of). as for amazon... although this is my problem, i don't really trust internet purchasing. too many people getting ripped off and fraud scandels occur for my liking and its a slight nuisance.

i honestly think that the majority of the people on this forum who DIDN'T already own JK, that had JKII most likely did pirate it... but thats not my place to say.

thanks for the help guys. and mod, plz do not just lock up this thread because you think "its your job", and just leave it open so that anyone i offended may accept my apology :)

Originally posted by Rockstar

i live in Australia, how about you?? i HAVE checked game stores, and they don't sell it nor order it in because i really don't think lucas arts give a cr*p if they sell any more JK copies with the new sequals out (which i am about to have BOTH of). as for amazon... although this is my problem, i don't really trust internet purchasing. too many people getting ripped off and fraud scandels occur for my liking and its a slight nuisance.

I believe that the threads got locked for the obvious reason that you had admitted pirating a game. But that is besides the point - especially since you are trying to legitimately purchase the game.

I live in the US, so perhaps I have more options available.

As for internet purchasing, do not fear it out of ignorance - it is a multi-billion $$ industry, and fewer people get ripped off by electronic identity theft than get their credit card numbers stolen at regular stores!

You just have to use your head - don't use any 'auto-remember' features for credit card numbers, don't ever use a site that doesn't use secure transactions, and if all else fails you can try to use a PayPal or e-Escrow or something else like that.

And, like I said, eBay has a number of payment options available, so don't let that deter you - as I said, you are more likely to get your card number ripped offf at the local game store than online.

Oh, I could send you mine, but Jedi Knight and MotS are two games they'll pry from my cold dead hands ;)

Good luck.

Mike

i honestly think that the majority of the people on this forum who DIDN'T already own JK, that had JKII most likely did pirate it... but thats not my place to say.

I hope you are wrong about this, but then again I was surprised in a thread in another forum site visited by many here at just how many 'high-ranking' members are casual pirates ... or at least users of software identified primarily in the use of obtaining copyrighted entertainment media which they do not own ...

Mike

Let us know how you do in finding and buying it.

Are there any other Aussies here that could help, I wonder?

Maybe you could post a thread to Yoda's Swamp with a descriptive title about looking for someone is Aus. to help you find JK.

Mike

too many people getting ripped off and fraud scandels occur for my liking and its a slight nuisance.

This right here shows that you're a bit of a hypocrite yourself. "Too many people getting ripped off and fraud scandels..." Like people downloading pirated video games? And people downloading movies and music for free? I guess you're calling yourself a nuisance - which that you are if you have the audacity to come onto public forums asking where to download pirated material. Then, when your first thread was locked, you created THIS thread asking the very same thing after a super moderator told you not to discuss illegal software. You could have easily PMed txa1265 and not gotten in trouble for posting illegal requests in public.

I guess some people must learn the hard way... :roleyess:

hello, its actually me: rockstar

i know we are not meant to make alternate accounts, but i really wanted to say some things.

i realise i have been banned but i do think it was slightly harsh as a punishment and also because i feel i was misinterpretted.

yes, my first post here was asking for pirate material... for this i apologise.

now, in reply to TK-8252. my first thread was illegal... but what the heck were you talking about with my second post?? my second post was an apology and my reasons for doing what i did, even though i admitted after they were wrong! i never made a second illegal request! it was an apology! and i wanted the thread left open so others could accept my apology hear alternate LEGAL ways of obtaining the game...(for which i thank those who did :))

please reinable me. i never got a warning! at the time i never knew this was so touchy, if i did i obviously never would have tried it. i just really wanted to complete the original jedi knight saga.... again i'm sorry. my history on this forum has been very good, i have never flamed or abused other members and respected their ideas, and never gone past a heated debate... please reinable me. While I do wish whoever banned me gave me the decency of posting who they were and the reason i was banned . this has been my first and only offense.. so please give me a warning and i will abide by the rules....

rockstar

P.S. i am sorry to the forum members and moderators for any actions that may have offended

P.P.S. In the case if you do give reinable me, i will terminate this account immediately to correspond with the rules

Why would you need a warning not to request pirated material?

If you'd have read the official rules thread ( http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362 ) you'd have seen this:

4. The posting of links to sites that contain illegal material and the discussion of where to obtain illegal material (ie where to get illegal MP3s, warez, etc.) is prohibited. We reserve the right to edit/delete any thread/post that breaks this rule at our sole discretion.

I apologize if I accused you of requesting for pirated stuff in this second thread, it appeared that way for me.

thanks u guys for letting me speak :)

TK 8252. apology accepted :). sorry thought about the pirating thing. i just thought the game was so old nobody would really care. but anyways, i'm sorry :)

also a big thanks to mike for being so understanding and greatly helpful. thanks alot buddy ;)

i will respect the ban and return when it passes under the 'rockstar' alias.

any body know if i get to keep my posts?

thanks anyways,

cya

Rockstar

hello,

sorry to have to post again but i did my research on my ban and i realise that Kurgan did not follow the rules that this forum's administrators are to abide by. i quote from the forum rules, located at: http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=64362

If the person posted links to ROM sites and/or warez sites, the post will be edited and the person will be warned. If the person do it again, it's a temporary ban.

where was my warning? i made one mistake in my whole history of being here of 194 posts (meaning i didn't just get here yesterday...) and i get banned? before i left for a while i saw many people discussing BETA jedi academy and all they got was their threads locked! and i made a silly mistake of asking for a much older game that would create 10 times less the cost against lucasarts (though it makes the offense no less great) and without a warning i got banned?!

what i did was accidently post in the DF forum so had to do it again in the JK forum... then when i realised my offense i apologised?? i made one illegal offense and i got banned?

i concider you a high member of the jedi community kurgan... i'm not having a go at you. but if admins expect people to follow the rules, could they also please follow them also :)??

i can guarantee that after this there will be no more trouble from me... could i please have my account reinabled, keep my posts and a warning issued .... please :)

no further comments. though a reply from kurgan would be nice buddy :)

If you have a problem with the moderaters and you wish to bring it to their attention, may I suggest that you PM them rather than post it on a message board for all to see.

Technically, what you did does warrant a temp ban. Accidental or not, your DF thread and this JK thread adds up to two posts.

Just remember that old adage: time heals all wounds. It was merely a mistake, something we all do from time to time. Just wait patiently until the ban is lifted. We do want to hear what other people have to say, (including you! :) ) provided it falls within the rules.

Amazon.com and Ebay ship outside the US if I'm not mistaken and you can easily find a cheap legit copy of JK1 and/or MotS even mint-in-box if you look hard enough.

Also you don't need a credit card to order online, you can use an International Money Order (obtainable at most banks, grocery stores and gas stations for a pittance, as long as you put up the cash for the amount).

So there's no excuse to ask for help pirating on these forums, even an "old" game like JK1 which is still being sold in stores even if not in your area.

As to 'every' moderator on this forum being casual pirates (without conducting an investigation I have no idea), that doesn't matter a whit. You don't see moderators promoting software piracy on these forums (if you do, we'd like to hear about it!), and the rules clearly state what you can and can't do in that regard.

Disobey rules, face consequences. So feel free, if you want to talk about warez to visit some forum that has different rules.

If you see some moderators breaking the rules, let an Administrator know and the specific post and we'll investigate it.

In many cases we feel that adequate warnings are already given (why would it be wrong to pirate JA and JK2, but okay to pirate JK1?) and flagrant violations are treated more severely. It's our call, really.

Over 50 people were banned for discussing the JA Beta and countless threads were locked, edited or deleted, many of them were warned beforehand and general warnings were repeatedly given out (we've always had a rule against warez discussions of Lucasarts games and warez in general anyway). So after the first dozen or so people were banned we just started handing out bans because people should know better. Beta people were generally given temp bans (up until a week or so after the game came out for real) whereas warez (full version pirate) people and repeated offenders were basically permanently banned since they had no excuse.

Debates and questions about the banning or the rules can be conducted via EMAIL or IM with the moderators, admins, supermods, etc.

This thread is being closed because I think (hope) I've answered your questions and you know what's expected of you so you have only to wait until your temp ban expires. We'll need to get rid of your extra account(s) too of course.

Archived