Home

better music for mi 1 and 2

Tom2003

I've had Monkey Island for years now and just wanted to know if there is a place to download something that will make the music and sounds better in mi 1 and 2. I don't mean that much better i just mean a place where you can download a new midi driver or something. I have Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth or something Avance AC'97 Audio on Windows ME (hopefully you can understand because i can't). Or even somewhere to make mp3s or cd audio work with mi2 because i want it to sound like mi1 cd audio or the mp3s from that lucasarts soundtracks website. So does anyone know any downloads like updates or converter programs things like that.

I too am looking for something like this for Monkey Island 2, to get it to sound like the MP3's available on scummbar rather than the MIDI emulation it uses which sounds very computtery. I look forward to see if there is any such thing or any way to do this.

• 2 weeks later...

Get a good enough sound card and you get the standard of quality heard on the Scumm Bar. There was no CD-quality version released because it simply wouldn't be 100% compatible with the way imuse is utilised throughout the game.

Originally posted by Joshi

Disregard last post, Rayjones pretty much got it right.

But yeah, if all else fails, just play with the internal speaker, you can't beat them.

What the hell are you talking about? Don't repress Macs I don't use them any more but Mac had the best music of any MI game and thats thr truth. Also Mac had the best graphics it was purely the best versions of MI1 and 2 you could get until Scummvm came along and let you have almost equal quality to the mac version. the Mac music is very good. I have heard the mp3's of the Amiga music and I have played the Mac version so hmmm I wonder why I favour the mac one? Hmmm maybe because its better?

edit Just had a very good listen to both the mac and amiga mp3s. Guess what? The amiga sounds like trash compared to the mac version so how is it better?

It's called nostalgia, you simply get a tear in you eye when you see how much great music you can get from a few well placed beeps. anyone can make music out of all of the instuments available now to midi and so on, but to get such a great sound out of just a few beeps is truly genius.

Plus, it's just better, don't try arguing.

Archived