Home

g_forceRegenTime 0 - Who likes it?

Azymn

How much do you like to play with g_forceregentime set to 0? (infinite force)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. How much do you like to play with g_forceregentime set to 0? (infinite force)

• It's my favorite - I rarely play anything else!
    • It's fun every once in awhile - I think having the option is nice.
    • I play it sometimes, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.
    • I hate it - it ruins the fun.
    • Never tried it.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Samuel Dravis

I like it. It makes combat far more hectic - as it should be in an FPS. :)

I like it in certain instances. If you're playing with a bunch of experienced players that dont' rely on spamming moves then i dont' mind it being set to 0. But if you got peeps that just spam barrier or kata all the time then it get's to be a hassle.

Originally posted by --ZeeMan--

But if you got peeps that just spam barrier or kata all the time then it get's to be a hassle.

While they're doing that, why don't you waste them with a red DFA, lunge, or roll stab? Almost all of the kata moves do very little damage when they're winding down. Just swoop in and take 'em out. Foolish spammers, they don't know what they're doing. :D

I dislike it. Too many server use it, to the point where people are spoiled and demand it everywhere.

Having infinite force to me feels too much like cheating, and it leads to endless whining about "balance."

See, this is how it is... people want to be able to have infinite force to do every move as many times as they want whenever they want so they don't have to think about mana, but they don't want the OTHER GUY to be able to do it.

I think it's pure hypocrisy. After all, would you stand for an infinite ammo cvar? How about an infinite health cvar?

It's just silly. The game is much more strategic and fun when you have to use the force wisely instead of mashing the buttons.

The game wasn't designed for balance with infinite force, so I think it plays better with the default setting (200).

I use it in one case, and one case only, when I'm not playing the game but just trying to take a screenshot or reach some "secret area" and don't have time/patience to wait while my mana charges up if I have to make a lot of big jumps. In the game itself I think my skills are sharpened if I can't rely on infinite force to get me through situations. Mana is like ammo or shields in that you have to manage it wisely in order to come out on top.

I'm in the beta of this mod, and I think that disabling or capping G_forceregentime will send it to an early grave.

So far, at the time of this post 4 love it, 2 play it every once in a while, 1 hates it.

The best option IMHO is to leave g_forceregentime as it is, and find a way to balance other classes. If it is removed, a lot less servers will use it. you leave it as it is and give other classes balance with that, and those who like 0 or very fast regen will use it, and those that don't will turn it up to a normal setting.

And for the event that someone says: but then the other classes will be to powerful unless G_forceregentime is at 0!

I suggest you make the EXTRA balances (not the ones needed to bring them up to scratch with other classes with normal regen time) activated whenever g_forceregentime is 150 or lower (two-thirds normal regen time or lower) I'd say 100 or lower, but then every server would use g_forceregentime 101

0 force regen is a crutch for newbies who can't use moves with percision, but in this regard i'm more speaking of JK2 style full force then baseJKA. Or these mods they have out now that add kick. Anyways, I find when I full force duel these people, they just pull over and over until they get in close, then try to kick. In normal force regen, they would waste so much force doing this that they would get jacked quick. 0 force regen is mindless, and for newbies who lack the ability to play with strategy and percision.

How much do you like to play with g_forceregentime set to 0? (infinite force)

It's my favorite - I rarely play anything else! 6 40.00%

It's fun every once in awhile - I think having the option is nice. 3 20.00%

I play it sometimes, but I wouldn't miss it if it was gone. 0 0%

I hate it - it ruins the fun. 4 26.67%

Never tried it. 2 13.33%

It seems pretty much divided, so as I said, IMHO it would be better to include merc balances that take affect whenever g_forceregentime is 150 or lower.

Originally posted by Egoslav1a

fu newbs

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone asked for flaming. I like forceRegen 0. You don't have to 'spam' moves to enjoy being able to jump continuously. If you can't play with it on, then don't go to a server that's got it. So, you stay over there, and I'll be happy on my forceregen 0 server over here. No conflict. The problem is that some of you seem to think that all servers should be exactly the same - I personally would not find that very fun.

Hey whos the newb? Who just joined and with only less than a 10 posts!

Newbie, why are you here?

I'm sorry, but I don't think anyone asked for flaming. I like forceRegen 0. You don't have to 'spam' moves to enjoy being able to jump continuously. If you can't play with it on, then don't go to a server that's got it. So, you stay over there, and I'll be happy on my forceregen 0 server over here. No conflict. The problem is that some of you seem to think that all servers should be exactly the same - I personally would not find that very fun.

too long, didn't read

I love it and personnaly I think that if you disable the regentime option you will not get very many downloads if you disable it I for 1 wont download FM3 sorry but regentime 0 is the only way to go for using force jump and just cause of jetpack fuel just mod it so that what every the regentime is thats how much fuel the jet has...anyway if you disable the option for regentime in FM3 I doubt there will be half or less as many servers playing it as otherwise

Originally posted by Prime

Zero regen time is kind of overkill IMHO. It is nice to have a little strategy when managing force power. Setting it to zero is basically undoing all the balancing Raven tried to do.

Well, I just meant for FFA, TFFA, etc. Not dueling, Siege, JM*, HFFA* etc. It would really mess up gameplay on those.

*No, It's not a typo. It's the OJP mod :)

CTF and Team games would seem to be messed up by it as well.

After all, what's the point of having Team Regeneration or Force Boons when you essentially already have infinite force?

Plus that makes it even harded (as I'm sure certain people would agree) to stop flag carriers.

Only FFA would seem to be "okay" with infinite force, though again, Force Boons are useless and it just encourages "spamming."

Toss that two handed lightning all day long, and drain your way back to full health after using your Rage+Speed combo.

Light Jedi keep up your protection or absorb all day and jam on that heal button.

The game wasn't balanced to be played that way, I agree. Which is why if you make a mod you can't allow for every possible setting, you have to either cap it or modify the mod for each setting people might use.

Archived