Home

School is trying to screw me over

BongoBob

Here's the deal. I've been absent...alot...more than alot...but I have done a great deal of make-up work, and I always turn in absense excuses. The school district rule is more than 10 unexcused absenses, and you fail(no credits). Well, just today, I got a letter in the mail saying I had 7 unexcused absenses, and then another saying I had 11. WTF? I turned in absense excuses! This is a load of BS, and my mom and I won't stand for it. One of my senior friends almost had to drop out and get his GED because of the exact same thing.

I hate school.

:mad:

Our school policy is more than 10 absences (excused or not) means you get an "F." If you had above a "C" and pass the Final Exam, your "F" is back to its original grade.

I don't have any problem with the policy. I've only used up about maybe 4 of them. It used to be we could only be absent 4 days. So I think it's fine the way it is.

Anyways, you should be in school because your education is important, not some family vacation or a day of the beach (I do understand that there are circumstances involving medical emergencies and doctor appointments). If someone doesn’t like the free education they’re getting (assuming this is a public school), perhaps that person should drop out and get that fry cook job at McDonalds.

Oh yea? I won't be graduating this year like I was supposed to because my guidance counselers gave me classes I didn't need instead of the ones I did. They said I could graduate on time if I fixed the error and took the classes I needed in Summer School. I'D have to pay for it. I think not.

So yes, School sucks. Big Time.

That sucks. One of my friends(not the same one mentioned above) had that happen to him obi. He would've had to take regularschool, early brid, late bird, night school, and two courses online. He said no, dropped out, got his ged, and is currebtly in college(yes, I do hang around older people alot).

Oh, and none of this happened before the new super-intendant came in...ever since then kids have gotten screwed left and right...

I don't get these things. Happens a lot in college too. If you go to class then you wont have any problems.

Unless you were extreemly sick for a week or so, I don't see a reason to miss more than 5ish days in school a semester.

Dude, where I am, it's 10 absenses and you're suspended.

And, you didn't get it as bad as me? Some chick said I threatened to kill her, the acting vice called the cops, I was arrested, I didn't know what the **** was wrong, theres no proof against me, the case was thrown out of court, and the school won't let me back in without seeing a shrink, and going on some conditions.

So, they f-ed my year up :@

And I swear to god, If I don't get my 4 credits for this semester, someone is going to pay, dearly. I'm taking it to the board of education, Möbius Berreta, Lives again! MWHAHA

Originally posted by Sam Fisher

Well, I sure am glad I'm homeschooled then, eh?

Wow, your homeschooled too, and is texas too?

Do I know you?

Wanna go to astroworld this homeschool day? :p

Sorry about all your school troubles everyone, I know it has to suck.

G

Dude, the EXACT same thing is happening to me. I can excuse my own absences because I'm 18 but they're counted as Personal days. It's not 10 UNEXCUSED, it's 10 that aren't excused for medical, religious, or school activities. Doctors notes take care of medical (not notes from mom saying you had the flu); funerals, weddings, and church happenings are religious; and sports or clubs are school activities. I wish I could say "Go get 'em" but the fact of the matter is, the school is right in this case. It's happening to me, the best thing to do is to go to your principal and ask for a "No-Credit Recovery Contract" if you don't skip anymore then you'll still get credit for the classes if you pass them, that's your only option.

Originally posted by Darth Rythe

I just dropped out of school (yr 12) because it was doing nothing for me.

So now i have to find a job:p

cmon ryhthe, you got all the way to yr12 and dropped out... no one said it was meant to be easy...! my advice, just finish it off... when you go look for a job...employers ask about school, it always looks better to show you stuck it through to the end, no matter how well you did or didnt do..... you can still get an apprenticeship too and finish yr 12(equivalency).....

anyways, with absenteeism, i dont get it, my stepdaughter seems to have all kinds of excuses all the time.... as if I never felt like crap getting up in the morning for all those years..... just put up with it.... it gets none easier when you're in the workforce.... you'll either never get paid or never keep a job......

*feels like an old bugger tellin these youngsters what its all about.....* :p

mtfbwya

The only excused absences are the one WeaponX said. So, if your just saying "Oh mom, I don't feel good, I can't go to school", than thats not excused. We all feel like crap. Believe me, I used to do this **** all the time, but when I got to High school, I knew I couldn't afford to miss school.

I've only been sick once this year, when I was really sick, mind you, and I still went to school.

Originally posted by IG-64

Wow, your homeschooled too, and is texas too?

Do I know you?

Wanna go to astroworld this homeschool day? :p

G

yes, come to Astroworld, and go on the famous "Crowshootin" Ride..... :p

Homeschool..... Home + School are just two words that cant sit together for me...... I guess it rules out having a "high school sweetheart", unless you wanna get all oedipal about it.... :eek:

mtfbwya

yeah, i know EXACTLY how you feel. Last quarter, i was sick a lot last quarter, and they tried to get me for being absent for 9 days when i only missed 5. and yeah we too, have to 10 absences thing. i dunno where they got that from but the pissed me off very much so. TPS bastards ALWAYS trying to screw someone over! :swear:

Doesn't sound like the are trying to screw you...

I am now out of college, but I did not escape the Anal Assasins at my local school of higher pain...I mean learning...

I had this one class, the teacher told us at the beginning of the year that participation would be graded, but didn't make it clear what participation was. I thought coming to every class, turning in all the work, and occasionally contributing to the class discussion was enough. Nope, you had to raise your had and speak 17 times to pass. I had absoluetly everything else to pass the class except participation. I got a D in that course and had to take it over again, thus delaying my graduation until the next semester. Apparently, I was not the only person that had to do this either, there were approx 5-8 people from that class in the next semester (one even took complaints all the way to the pres. of the school & got nowhere). We had a new teacher the next semester & I passed with a B.

IG-64 where are out of?? PM me.

I'm a homeshcooled guy and don't like haters, public schoolers think that it's easy being HS or something but it makes you put a new meaning on self control. my mom isn?t always here to help out and it is hard to just go on if you get stuck or if you just don't want to sit trough Biology that day, and some PS just think your stupid because you use a different text book and don't know the same thing that they do. some days I just want to die because some PS were really beating up on me because I HS. and some people just hate us because a lot of HS kids are braineyacks and can't help being smart. I know a seven year old girl that is doing ninth grade math and speaks Latin, she also plays great chess. The thing is, well we are normal people, I have met only two PS who I have had a long friendship with and know who I am, I don?t know if you swampies understand or not but that?s how it is for me.

Originally posted by Bacta Boy

IG-64 where are out of?? PM me.

I'm a homeshcooled guy and don't like haters, public schoolers think that it's easy being HS or something but it makes you put a new meaning on self control. my mom isn?t always here to help out and it is hard to just go on if you get stuck or if you just don't want to sit trough Biology that day, and some PS just think your stupid because you use a different text book and don't know the same thing that they do. some days I just want to die because some PS were really beating up on me because I HS. and some people just hate us because a lot of HS kids are braineyacks and can't help being smart. I know a seven year old girl that is doing ninth grade math and speaks Latin, she also plays great chess. The thing is, well we are normal people, I have met only two PS who I have had a long friendship with and know who I am, I don?t know if you swampies understand or not but that?s how it is for me.

....huh? :confused:

Archived