Home

adult happy meals???

Grace

At this point, any discussion could be considered serious in the Senate!

Whew! It's been quiet here (makes mod duties easy).

Is the McDonald's Adult Happy meal a result of genuine interest in the health and well-being of cutomers?

Or is it a corporate strategy to fill the need of consumers?

Subway has Jethro (or is it Jericho? Jarred?) who lost poundage eating sub sandwiches. They don't really mention that he probably got the half-sandwich and exercised 20 min to an hour each day.

Now Subway has the Adkins friendly menu... so does TGI Fridays and proabably the rest of the Applebees-like chains of Bar/Grills for the overpaid.

I think its simply a captalistic response to what most conusmers want. McDonalds would find a way to sell arsenic in ketchup packets if they thought people wanted it and would pay for it.

had a kfc salad last week, surprisingly ok... although i doubt it was any healthier than the bun. except in my mind. :D

I always figured subway was healthy (for fast food anyway), this atkins thing is a joke.

Burger King now do a chicken whopper lite... which is about 1/2 the size of the chicken whopper. just having a normal chicken whopper without mayo is better for you. :D

---

For a minute i thought we would get the cool happy meal toys without havig to have the sucky little cookie sized burger that comes with them. oh well.

Personally, I'm not sure if this is an effort to "give customers what they want" or just an attempt to evade law suits by fat people.

I don't think that people who got fat by eating McDonald's hamburgers are really gonna buy "adult happy meals," or whatever they're calling them. It's just so that they can tell the judge that they had a healthy alternative on their menu when some fat person sues them because they're fat.

This is what a lack of personal responsibility is doing to America.

Originally posted by rccar328

This is what a lack of personal responsibility is doing to America.

do you mean mcdonalds or the heavy people?

If people don't wish to be heavy set, PUT DOWN THE FATTY FOOD!

Personally anyone who thinks they can eat mcdonalds all the time and not gain any weight or increase they're fat/muscle ratio, is an idiot.

i like a big mac from time to time. but i simply enjoy it too much to cook myself (together with the girl and kid) to eat pre-prepared food. i also want my kid to know what it means to make a meal and that food is more and means more than "to take away or stay in?". one point is that 60% of the stuff you eat is taken to drive your brain.

so basicly i think not the (fast)food is "bad", it's more the culture of eating which causes health problems.

do you mean mcdonalds or the heavy people?

I mean the "heavy people." It lends to the same kind of mentality that says, "It's not my fault that I got burned when I spilled flaming hot coffee on myself! It's McDonald's fault for not telling me it was hot!"

Only this time, it's, "It's not my fault that I got fat by eating McDonald's food all of the time! It's their fault for 1)not telling me that it would get me fat (which has been changed to avoid law suits), and 2) not offering me a healthy alternative (which is what we are seeing now)!"

It's a response to the rumors of law suits to be filed by fat people against McDonald's for "making" them fat, because they won't take responsibility for going back for the Big Mac time and time again instead of eating something healthy for a change.

i think not the (fast)food is "bad", it's more the culture of eating which causes health problems.

That's exactly what it is.

I haven't eaten at McDonald's in years, but I heard that their new salads were pretty good. I might give them a try.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by †Ë×odusº§näkë†

I work at Mcdonalds, and theres no way in hell I'll be serving adult happy meals, Unless...it's a hot mom ............then she'll get a normal meal, with a special toy ;) eh guys? eh eh?

..........I'm 14, please...College girls and High School Seniors are better..........

BTW- I'm a vegetarian!! But, I still got to lose weight..........

:fett:

Archived