Home

Force Allegiance?

jake_exe

I love the Dark Side (it's fun), but in general I tend to play Light, because I use the Force to keep myself alive while I use my weapons to get kills.

I had more fun with the Dark Side in JK2 1.02 because grip and drain were so powerful, but two-fisted lightning is fun to unleash on unsuspecting n00bs. ; )

Nowadays when I use the Dark Side, it's mostly when I'm forced to playing Siege as a Dark Jedi.

Light side. As some people have said, Absorb is the Great Equalizer of the game. No room to complain about lighting and grip kills when you can easily nullify them and settles things with a lightsaber.

But drain doesn't drain Force when Absorb is on, if Absorb is at an equal or higher level (ie: Absorb 3 vs. any level of Drain).

I suppose if a person uses Absorb continuously they'll eventually run out of mana and be vulnerable to Drain, but remember Drain doesn't get anything if they're out of mana does it?

I'm speaking of 1.01 here without mods and normal regen rate. If you have Regen cranked up (to 0, ie: infinite mana) then Drain could have a real advantage since it's a single use power, whereas Absorb prevents regeneration while it's on.

So the drainer could keep pounding away until absorb finally wore off and then grab whatever mana they had left.

On normal settings the drainer would foolishly waste his mana and then the Absorber can just flip up his shield again as soon as he needs to.

Anyway that makes sense to me. Tell me where I'm wrong...

I use lightside for absorb and mind trick (for some reason I don't use protect :confused: ).

Although sometimes when playing CTF, I'm using absorb whilst going for the flag, and there's still a knockback from being pushed or pulled, and (especially on yavin hilltops) I fall to an untimely doom.

Which does piss me off. But there ya go. :D

u silly lightsiders forget ur absorb makes a noise. in a duel, darkside is stronger than lightside, i can drain all ur force between your absorb running our, and u putting it back on. :) in FFA settings light may have more advantages, but try to find a good FF dueler that uses liteside :)

I prefer balance in both defense and offense, so I'll use absorb from time to time. I wouldn't use Healing, because sometimes I fight better when I'm the red. From time to time, I'll probably let bolts fly from my finger tips, but that's just because it's a fun trick. :D

Archived