Home

Matrix Revolutions Siege

darthviper107

I am making a Matrix Revolutions Siege map, it will be the dock. The two teams will be the machines and the Humans. If you are a human you will be able to get in an APU and fight against sentinels and the drilling machines. Also, it will have new weapons. If you are a machine you will be able to be a Sentinel or one of the 2 drilling machine vehicles. The goal of the machines is to keep at least one of the drills alive and to finish drilling. The goal of the Humans is to destroy the drills. Here is a picture of my WIP model of the Sentinel:

sentinel01.jpg

It is done with modeling but I have to make all of the animations for a new gla file. We will see how it goes.

Well, it would look better, but I can't show it in-game with the shaders until I get the 21,376 frames done so that it has some kind of animation to look at. That pic is from ModView which doesn't do lighting or shaders. For the animations, I'm only doing the melee animations and not any weapons or lightsabers so it will cut down on work.

My only worry is getting the objectives to work. Since it's a Siege map it is kinda hard to test by myself so I will have to connect my other computer if I can get it to work.

I'm having difficulties with the map right now, my computer has some viruses I think so most of my programs aren't working. Which means that it won't allow me to export what I have of my map to test it out. I'm going to do a full virus scan tomorrow and hopefully it will fix the problems. Anyway, here is an update picture of the Sentinel WIP:

sentinel02.jpg

Are you trying to rig the sentinal to the humanoid skeleton? Or make it a vehicle? It sounds like you're talking about rigging it to JA's humanoid skeleton, but I might be misunderstanding.

It'd be more practical if it could be a vehicle since it could fly and everything (and require a whole lot less work). I don't know if Siege currently supports vehicles as selectable classes, but I know Duncan was talking about his Droideka being a possible selectable class for Siege. I think that's mod related though, possibly OJP and/or Movie Battles II.

That latest picture of the sentinel is a vast improvement over earlier, nice one.

One concern I'd reaise about this project: Completing a sentinel vehicle is a very difficult project. Completing a siege map of the Dock is a very, very challening bit of work. Attempting them both at once sounds a little bit too ambitious even for the most talented editor. Could I suggest working on the Sentinel, completing that (maybe releasing it seperately as well, depending on your preferences) and then working on the Dock map, possibly with a couple of other mappers.

Well, I'm doing the Sentinel as a humanoid-like object, not a vehicle or a humanoid. I made my own skeleton for it and I'm doing the animations like it was a Humanoid. But, i'm only doing the animations it would use without lightsabers or weapons, basically just melee. To make it fly I'll give it an invisible jetpack with unlimited fuel. It's not as hard as all that, I got through 3,000 frames in like a day. I can't release the Sentinel by itself, because of Saber Animations, it would look really weird trying to hold a saber, plus I'm not sure you could use a model like that if someone doesn't have it downloaded for multiplayer. In siege it would require them to have it so that wouldn't be a problem. The map isn't really that complex either.

BTW, I know the Sentinel doesn't have the right number of arms, it's not my fault.

Jorge-Fonseca, i seriously doubt you had anything to do with his choice. I mean the dock is a great seige location. Actually, if you want to put ownership on an idea you had and never publically spoken about it to see if anyone else is also thinking about it (which is ignorant as hell) then i guess you would be the one stealing the idea from TMU. we've been planning a dock level since we first saw it in the revolutions trailer.

But im not going to do that, because i like to do a thing called "give someone a chance of expressing themselves freely." Obvioisly you can't grasp this idea because you would understand that two people have the same idea for a project all the time, and you dont have to be an ass about it and turn it into a competition. (I also find your signature to be extremly ironic, in the case that you should have "shut it" since your comment was bad)

Ahem....

darthviper107, looks good in that last render, just needs a nice texture on it. I think you were the one that e-mailed me about using this in tmu, but we're currently making this and the other things you asked about.

But thanks for the offer, and i hope to see some updates soon.

Yeah, that was me. I can't get the Sentinel in-game yet to test the shaders since the I'm having troubles with a blank animations file being made. Also, I really hope that I don't have to use the normal jetpack (invisible though) because the SP version is better. But to change the jetpack so that I could use it for the Sentinel to fly would take some programing work which I have absolutely no experience in. The map is going kind of slow(it's my first map BTW) so maybe when it is good enough to see at all I'll put up some pics.

Originally posted by Jorge-Fonseca

i thought of it first

There's no way to tell who thought of something first. Just give it a rest. He's not a "cheater" for independently coming up with the same idea you did (hey, it's a recent movie, it's not evern that original of an idea, and there's already a very public mod working on the material). Plenty of mappers have come out with similar maps int he past, there's no need for name-calling. Just work on your projects and let people download them or not as they see fit.

Give it a rest, Jorge-Fonseca. I didn't steal your idea.

Anyway, the textures for the Sentinel could get some updates soon, maybe even be able to show the shaders. We will see what develops. I wish GTKRadiant was more like 3ds Max, it would be so much easier to make.

Well, I got it in-game today. But there are a few problems...the animations don't work, it stays in the regular form. Also, it only works in SP, also the center was way off. So, I'm going to have to make it into a vehicle, which will be easier although it won't be able to be as good as it would as a regular player. I guess i'll make a little robot model for people to be before they get into the vehicles. It's too bad, it would have been nice to have it be able to do everything, but hey, I can distribute it now.

Well, I have it as a vehicle, but it can't have attack animations. I'm trying to get a coding person to make a mod that will allow for attack animations for vehicles, but they haven't replied back yet. The model is pretty cool though.

The map is coming allong good though, I won't show a pic now since it doesn't have any custom textures, but once I get some in there then I will.

EDIT:I might be able to get attack animations by using the OJP vehicle code that was made for the droideka and the AT-AT models. We will see when I get home.

Originally posted by GothiX

Jorge-Fonseca, if Truthful edits your posts, you can assume it's not a smart thing to change it back.

No it wasn't.

At all.

Hopefully a 72 hour ban should make an impression for the next time. I wouldn't have thought much about the post after editing it but when I saw him re-editing my edit, what can I do.

• 2 weeks later...

Rather than fight about it, maybe it should be a healthy competition to see who can make the better mod?

Then let the community decide!

Or join forces and share ideas?

Agree with the above, he way overreacted. It's natural that multiple people would come up with the same idea based on the popularity of the Matrix movies.

Well, the Sentinel might end up as only a ground vehicle, I can give it no gravity so that it can fly but it won't go up. So, I was trying to get someone to make code that allows for the flying vehicles to have the same animations as the new class for the droideka, but so far no one has replied. The map is doing OK, but it's kind of confusing, so I'll have to post an update later.

Archived