Home

guys or gals

Glacius1

now I dont want this to stat some sort of flame war on genders or what not, because that is definately not the way its intended.

if we take a look at the unit profiles for the rebels at lucasarts, the sniper class is a female!! now I dont have any problems with females in the game or whatever, and this is were I want to be clear, but I just dont want to be one.

I dont like wearing dresses when I go out in public, and as funny as it sounds, I dont want to play a female in the game either.

this is where I hope to god that SWBF actually does have skins you can choose from like BFV. because I will be dammed If I play as a chick, and If thats the only skin for that level class, well, It will royally ruin the game. I wouldnt expect a chick to want to play as a guy, same deal here.

I cant imagine any game being ignorant enough to do that, considering 95% of gamers are male, so I am worried and comforted by this. I dont have a chicks name, because im a guy, I dont wear chicks clothes, because Im a guy, and I dont want to roleplay a chick, because Im a guy!!

I am worried that they might actually BE ignorant enough to do that, but I am comforted by the fact that they would have to be REALLY ignorant to do that, so theres a chance there is multiple skins.

either way, without sounding sexist, which I am certainly not trying to do, the consumer in the game market(especially action) is dominated by males, and I dont want to play as a female FULL STOP. let us pray that the game has the option to change or slightly customize your player skin when its out.

edit-just a side not or example, when the first 2 resident evil games came out, they were excellent. you could choose to play as the guy, or the gale, now THATS the way to make a good game, give both gender choices. when RE3 cam out though, I was disgusted by it, because the character you play is a little girl!!

now Its not that the little girl is in the game, its that when you play a game, rpg or whatever, you take on the role of that person. you become that person for the game, and since I am an fully grown adult male, I had no interest whatever in taking on the role of a 10yr old little scared girl.

part of the fun of the game is becoming the character you play, especially in FPS games. because they all have there role, but I cant take on and enjoy the role, If its a female, because Im not a female.

While it would be nice to have a gender choice like in Jedi Academy, they have to draw the line somewhere. Personally I have no problem at all with 'female' skins being in a game. In games like No One Lives Forever you play a female and don't have a say in the matter - but that doesn't detract from the gameplay at all. I had no problem assuming the role of Cate Archer, and I'm not prone to wearing dresses either. It's just a game character with the ability to do interesting things in the game world.

At the end of the day, there are probably people who don't want to be a 'Wookiee' smuggler or a 'Bothan' spy, because they don't like those particular races.

But that's the way the game has been designed, and I really can't see them incorporating gender choice as one of the options. If they do, then we're all in for a pleasant surprise.

I would think (and can only hope) that in addition to choosing your class, you get to choose your gender as well. It would be nice if they included some different character types, just so you have some options. However, if they are dumb enough to only have one gender for a specific class, there are always those ambicious players who make skins you could download...

Yeah, while I could care less about the Genders of certain classes the bottom line is that it won't be long before skins circulate that opens things up. It's not that big a deal and unless you plan on roleplaying in SWB I don't see how it affects your gameplay really, ultimately you can use just about any skin you can imagine.

It doesnt bother me that females will be in the game, or female skins as such, I just dont want to be a female.

and considering sniper is my favourite class(for games like BFV) I dont want to have to play a girl if I want to be that class.

Believe it or not more and more females are playing some of these games, or at least some say they are female. Anywaysyou gotta realize that females have played an important role in the Star Wars universe, Mon Mothma, Leah, Padme, and others. Some people might like the idea. I dont think that they should exclude a character based on gender.

yes more female players, though the rate of male is still more than 99%

in 1st person you cant see skin, but i dont mind female models at all (use padme model in JA) but anyways i think i saw a male sharpshooter screenie once so i guess or its random or you can pick. I'm glad there are females in the game as well

Archived