Home

best force power/ usefull force power

jake_exe

It matters are you talking about sp or mp, In sp the one that is cool to use is going to be mind trick but the most useful would be heal, In mp the one that is the most fun to use would be lightning but the one that comes in handy would be heal.

Force Jump. Go ahead, laugh!

If I had to choose one power, this would be it. It's so integral to gameplay you forget it's even there and take it for granted.

Without Jump you couldn't navigate the map as quickly as you do, you also couldn't do any of the acrobatic moves you do with ease. It's essential for both escape and pursuit.

Jump allows you to get over obstacles and get an angle on your opponent for sniping, and to fire rockets in his face so he can't push them back. It allows you to dodge his shots until he runs out of ammo.

Needless to say acrobatics are essential for confusing the enemy and getting to powerups and occasionally to cheat death from those falls that normally kill.

You don't appreciate having Force Jump until you take on the role of a Merc in siege. All of a sudden you're Mister Slow Pants with his "normal jump" of 2 feet. ; )

For single player, I'd say it's force lightning as it simply killed nearly everyone. For multiplayer, it's got to be heal which in my opinion is better than force drain since you don't need an opponent with force in order to heal yourself. Although force drain has it's plus sides in combat.

i'd agree with jump. The thing that deters me most from no force games is not being able to force jump. Besides that (as u said neutral powers) i would have to say heal

btw, why the hell was this thread moved from the JA forum?? although it does fall under this heading it relates to JA, and many people only use the JA forum...?? why make an effort to move a thread for no point?? lol i don't get it? mod probably got board hehehe lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finishing many of the missions would be impossible without force jump. So that one's indisputable. Same thing goes for force pull and push. As for the other "involuntary" powers, I like force speed.

Now, as for the ones you can choose to develop. I'd have to go with force heal.

I don't get the popularity of force grip. I prefer mind trick. Here's an example of why. There are enemies and an automated gun sentry around the corner. With fully developed mind trick, you convert an enemy in the room into an ally -- and the gun mount starts shooting him.

Walk up to the gun mount and blow it up with a saber toss.

Mind trick is particularly effective on "flying" troopers and other heavily armored ones armed with disruptor guns.

At more advanced levels, force absorb renders most dark jedi virtually powerless.

• 1 year later...

I don't get the popularity of force grip......

I would have to disagree, there are a few things you can do with it and someone who is trained well in force conservation can execute it quite well.

You can do alot with it, hang people, shift and throw, kick people...(which is probably the most deadly thing in a ff/ffa battle.

The most useful? I would have to say jump, it enables so many things.

My favorite? Pull.

• 2 weeks later...

Been so long since I've played these games, but from what I remember I used destruction 4 and grip 4 alot in MP, and had my neutral powers all on 4 as well. Sometimes I'd use absorb 4 and heal 4, but for the most part I went the dark side route. MoTS was basically the same. Single player I tended to use lightside powers more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

You can duel efficiently with force jump 0 and attack lvl 1 with single stance.... those dont matter at all. the best powers are mindtrick and absorb... which make no difference in a ja+ mod cuz their grip is set to level 4 and will auto-disrupt your absorb to help them win with flip kicks... that is why noone with real skills play slider's mod and plays base duels instead.

ctf and true ffa are different however, but how many true servers you actually see out there these days?

• 1 month later...
You can duel efficiently with force jump 0 and attack lvl 1 with single stance.... those dont matter at all. the best powers are mindtrick and absorb... which make no difference in a ja+ mod cuz their grip is set to level 4 and will auto-disrupt your absorb to help them win with flip kicks... that is why noone with real skills play slider's mod and plays base duels instead.

ctf and true ffa are different however, but how many true servers you actually see out there these days?

Well it depends on your definition of 'true'. One could argue that the very reason there is so much diversity in JK2 is because the creators intended for it to be modifiable.

Of course there are those that are against scripting on the same grounds..yawn... I think that if the makers of this game were hung up on a 'true form' then they would have created it as such.

• 2 years later...

One Force power that no one has said, but I think was what made JA and Outcast unique... lightsaber throw. Level three is absolutely devastating to minor characters and can deliver the greatest punishment for the lowest expenditure of Force power... after a base cost that is.

In the original JA, I hated the saber because it was so limited and didn't serve much more than a blaster bolt shield and didn't reflect them back at enemies hard enough. Outcast overcame the limited range of the swing by having this as the secondary attack.

The only drawbacks I hate are that certain enemies (Luke,Katarn,Desann,Tavion) cheat and are invincible to this. If this were not the case, I would be shredding Desann to pieces with it right now.

One power I hate is that 'perfect push defense' that all Dark Jedi have and you don't. Come on! If you got a clear shot and they don't know you're there, you deserve hit them! Or why can't Jaden or Katarn do it likewise?

Archived