Home

Latest Work In Progress

StormHammer

Originally posted by sabretooth

...BTW, storm, with skills like that, will you be able to make illustrations for my fanfic? Just a thought...

yeah,and my fanfic too :

"Mara, Jaina, Leia...hot tub and some extra strong Corellian Brandy"

j/k :p

*update your site, Stormie, it'd be cool to see more of your stuff !

mtfbwya

Originally posted by sabretooth

Wow, storm! I never knew we had an artist in LF!!

BTW, storm, with skills like that, will you be able to make illustrations for my fanfic? Just a thought...

Possibly - although I've got quite a lot on at the moment, including concepts etc., for my own stories.

Originally posted by IG-64

how do you just, forge sometihng like this? I mean, where do you even start? Does it just appear? Is it magic?

I have a sick mind. :D And a vivid imagination...and dreams.

I can see images in wallpaper patterns. :skul9:

You wouldn't want to see some of the stuff I've drawn. :eek:

On a more serious note, I start with a sketch. This is the rough sketch I started with...

DefenderSketch.jpg

Awesome work as always Stormy. Your work improves noticably with every piece. Who knows what heights you will reach in a couple of years from now. ;)

If you are looking for inspiration, I feel the need to link you to one of my favourite artists. His name Anry, and he is from Russia. Check out his work. It is absolutely bloody amazing.

http://www.anry.ru/eng/gallery/gallery.htm

http://anry.deviantart.com/

Originally posted by leXX

Awesome work as always Stormy. Your work improves noticably with every piece. Who knows what heights you will reach in a couple of years from now. ;)

If you are looking for inspiration, I feel the need to link you to one of my favourite artists. His name Anry, and he is from Russia. Check out his work. It is absolutely bloody amazing.

http://www.anry.ru/eng/gallery/gallery.htm

http://anry.deviantart.com/

Thanks, leXX. And I already discovered Anry a couple of months ago during one of my infrequent trawls through deviantart. I agree, he's an excellent artist. There are quite a few excellent Russian artists. One of my other favourites is actually a game designer called Timur Mutsaev. He does some excellent pencil renderings and concept art.

As for mainstream artists, key favourites are Frank Frazetta and Ken Kelly, who have both produced some awesome dynamic art over the years.

The_One...no one has approached me yet to do (paid) work, but I suppose I've never really tried to get noticed. It's only in recent years I've been getting back into my art, and as leXX said, I'm gradually improving all the time. If you know anyone who wants to hire me, then feel free to send them my way. :D

I myself am an artist, but I'm not as good at drawing real people/ anime styled realistic people.

I'm not that good at drawing anime styled realistic people, either, but that hasn't stopped me one bit! I just gradually keep improving my style to match a somewhat anime-like style!

Keep improving! It just takes time! Eventually, you'll get the hang of it!

Originally posted by topshot

Keep improving! It just takes time! Eventually, you'll get the hang of it!

That's sound advice, and I'd just like to echo it. I took art in school, and was quite good at it then. However, when I left school, I let my art skills slide for quite a while. That's not to say I didn't pick up a pencil and do some sketches now and then. But I didn't focus on it, so some of the stuff I produced was utter garbage.

In recent years, I've gradually been getting back into it...and really studying how people look, how they move, interactions of light and darkness, and I've seen a marked difference in my work today compared to just a few years ago.

If you like drawing, then just keep at it, keep practicing, and you're sure to improve over time. It won't happen over night...but a couple of years down the line you'll look back and see plainly all the mistakes you were making...

Good luck to any budding artists out there. :cool:

Archived