Home

What cool movies are you looking forward to?

StormHammer

Are there any cool-looking movies that you are waiting to see? Post links to preview trailers if you have them.

I've come across a few lately that look interesting.

Here's a very tongue-in-cheek Flash Gordonesque type deal...

Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow.

It's so corny it might actually be good. :p

Of course, I'm also looking forward to Spiderman 2 - that goes without saying. And Troy.

Here are some more interesting ones that people might have missed...

This is one that looks cool, but I don't know if it will be released worldwide. Unfortunately, I can't understand what they're saying...

Casshern.

Looks pretty slick to me.

Anyone here an Asimov fan? I remember reading through all the 'robot' stories many moons ago, so I'm sort of looking forward to seeing this next one...

I, Robot

Hopefully they can remain faithful to the source material while delivering some cool action.

For some really great CGI animation, you might want to check out this 'feel-good factor' trailer...

The Polar Express

This one looks like it might be fun...

Around The World In 80 Days

Okay...so I'm a sucker for Jackie Chan movies. :p

I'm also waiting to see what Vin Diesel can do with a return to his role as Riddick...

The Chronicles Of Riddick

...because he was pretty good in Pitch Black, which is a cracking little film. Of course, Dame Judi Dench is going to act him right off the screen...

Another intriguing looking film is...

The Village

Lastly, I just can't wait to see this ultimate disaster movie...

The Day After Tomorrow.

It looks pretty awesome to me.

Some other interesting ones include Mindhunters, Bon Voyage, The Bourne Supremacy (a sequel to the modern version of The Bourne Identity, which was a very good film IMHO), A Sound Of Thunder (based on a Ray Bradbury novel about a time-travelling safari to the Prehistoric Age), Code 46, Alexander (about Alexander the Great), After The Sunset (with Pierce Brosnan, about a former thief who is dragged into a web of intrigue by his former nemesis, an FBI agent), and Blade: Trinity (which is the third and last with Wesley Snipes as the vampire-slaying martial artist half-vamp).

So what are you looking forward to this year and beyond? Any good trailers we should all know about?

Originally posted by TiE 23

Yah, that Casshern movies looks tight!

And I am reading 80 days right now, I just started.

BTW-What does IMHO mean? :p

TiE

IMHO = In My Humble Opinion

ET...I've got mixed feelings about the remake of Around The World In 80 Days. It's definitely straying from the core material, and trying to be more of a comedy. The version with David Niven will always, of course, be a classic...

BTW, I couldn't find trailers for the other movies I mentioned (except Spiderman2 and Troy). If anyone knows where to find some trailers, please let me know.

Originally posted by IG-64

Star Wars Episode III comes before all :indif:

Not only is that NEXT year, but I'm in no rush to see Lucas' credibility get swallowed in a massive cyclone of bad directing and casting.

...thats what the SPECIAL Special Edition of the OT is for...

Originally posted by Kain

Come on now, those movies are good. They're better than the prequals, as well as better than the good ol movies IMO. I cant watch the old ones anymore, because I used the SE Trilogy.

As for EpIII, its gotta be better than EpII, or at least thats what I'm hoping for.

-Clemme

Originally posted by Kain

Not only is that NEXT year, but I'm in no rush to see Lucas' credibility get swallowed in a massive cyclone of bad directing and casting.

...coming from the gentleman whose idea of great film-making is 'The Punisher'...... :p

I am looking forward to FF7 : Advent Children, but Ive heard that this will be a straight to dvd release ...... ?

mtfbwya

Archived