Home

Human Female Expansion is Done! (only my second skin, woohoo!)

Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Mostly, I'm exhausted from this project. I've had dark circles under my eyes for at least two weeks. Even just doing the screenshots took almost a week. Open up the jedi_hf_expansion.pk3 file and look at the Modified date\time stamps on the files and you'll find times like 12:43AM, 1:35AM, 2:17AM, 2:45AM, 3:13AM......

That's real dedication! And the results certainly speak for themselves! I'm happy now that I got your permission to use the skin in my SP map. Have a break, but please come back to skinning. This area of modding certainly got a lot more fresh and interesting with your arrival at the stage :)

Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

And with OJP you get a better selection of RGB colours than the default. ;)

I guess one thing I didn't emphasize enough is that you aren't limited to the nine default colors for clothing and hair tint (if you use head_b5). You can use RGB settings to create any wild hair color that you want.

You can use any graphics program, even MS Paint, to get the RGB values.

Open MS Paint and click Colors -> Edit Colors... -> Define Custom Colors >>

You will see a rectangular color spectrum and a vertical brightness slider. Set the brightness slider in the middle, then move the crosshair around the color spectrum to get the color that you want. Adjust the brightness slider up and down to get the brightness that you want, then read the values for Red, Green, and Blue shown in the boxes below the brightness slider, and write them down.

For instance, Red 203 Green 46 Blue 159 makes a magenta color.

Then open the console (shift and ~) and for single-player enter

playerTint 203 46 159

For multiplayer you have to enter a command three times, or make config files for each color. For instance, make a file called magenta.cfg and put it in your base folder. The file should have:

set char_color_red 203

set char_color_green 46

set char_color_blue 159

Then open the console in multiplayer and enter

/exec magenta.cfg

and it will tint your hair and clothes magenta. You can make as many color config files as you like. Doing it that way means you have to enter only one command instead of three in multiplayer.

Forget the village people I say! I draw your attention to...

Originally posted by Radd

Damn, now I really want to see someone tackle some Dune inspired skins and models for JA.

Come on, now that means there are two people in the entire JA community who want to see that. :)

My favourite part of a project is the period of having a rest after finishing and releasing it into the public domain. Enjoy it, and I recommend excessive amounts of sleep!

Hi Amidala,

I've tried PMing you, but the screen keeps hanging when I hit submit, so I don't thing they're getting through.

Thanks to jp-30 for his excellent skinning tutorial, and razorace for his icon tutorial.

As you may have read in another thread, I'm going to reformat my JO skining tutorial and post in on the main editing sites for download.

I've never specifically edited for JA, and so I'm wondering if you would like to contribute to the tutorial and help bring it up to date, by adding JA hints & tips / changes (I understand the .surf files may be slightly different? Are the Icons also different?) in amongst my existing text, and adding a new chapter about skinning for the various JA model body parts & how to do the shaders / alphas for the colour variations?

What I would do is clean my whole tutorial up in Word, email you the Word doc or post it somewhere for you to download, you'd add your bits in, then email it back to me & I'll run it through acrobat distiller to convert it to a pdf & I'll submit it to massassi, jk.net, pcgamemods etc. :)

JP

Sure jp-30, it's the least I could do. My email is adminamidala@comcast.net. I also have a full version of Adobe Acrobat (I used it to make the manual for the Asteroids mod).

There are no more .surf files in JA, that information is in the .skin files now (it simplifies things). Normal icons are the same, but the icons for the customizable characters (Twilek, Zabrak, Rodian, Human, etc) often have shader effects to show color changes.

If you would like to add my tutorials on MODVIEW and Custom sounds you can get them here http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/files/center/how/modview.html http://www.jedimovesfiles.com/site/files/center/how/customtaunts.html and be sure to check out the rest at the site http://www.jedimoves.com

You can get my messenger info from here http://www.clanprimal.com/forum/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=2 if you need to get in touch with me, i also have all of the pictures from the tutorial without the jedimoves logos on them.

Originally posted by Lei Hng Wei

Which version of Dune? The books? The movie? The mini-series? Finger puppets?

In terms of aesthetics I would think the David Lynch film version would be the most inspired. Scary/ugly/weird vs. the more bland and generic (ripped off from Japanese Opera?) Sci Fi miniseries costumes/looks.

That's just my opinion though, do both if you want to. I just think that the movie version has cooler/more interesting looking characters in general. Plus since it's been around longer the characters have more instant recognition than the recent series's.

The finger puppets would be quite good though, I hope those come out soon.

Originally posted by Kurgan

The finger puppets would be quite good though, I hope those come out soon.

Once someone weights the skeleton, I'm sure there would be a glut of Reborn finger puppets. Makes feeding them to the Sand Worm Sock Puppet a treat. :D

Thanks Maddog, I'll take a look at those - the sounds tutorial would be great to add, though I cover off modview reasonable well in my basic tutorial (I'll certainly link to your modview tute from my one though).

I'll be in touch!

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Amidala from Chop Shop

Thanks.

And no, you do not have permission to make a Majin Federation E-Army version or turn her into a vehicle. With more armor, shields, and the ability to barrel roll.

:amidala:

Darn, that vehicle would have been fun to ride. :(

Wait, that doesn't sound right somehow...

Archived