Home

Sam & Max Freelance Police Episodes

Zanshin

First I would like to know how many video tapes were released and which episodes they contained. I haven't been able to find anything on them for far.

Also, if anyone has any episode synopsis for the episodes that are missing at TV Tome, I would really appreciate any contributions that you could make.

If anyone knows of a source where those from which those missing episodes are available, I would appreciate any information you could provide, either here on on the TV Tome Sam & Max forum.

Thanks for your time.Sam & Max at TV Tome

Ill tell you what i can say without being banned. There was a guy that you could find on samandmax.net that was selling them, but he stopped. The only way to get them now is either the black market, or to use a program similar to napster, and since that is the only legitimate one i know, thats the only one im gonna say.

Good luck on your search.

After some digging, I found a listing of the synopsis of each episdoe of the animated series. I always though there was a episode guide on SamandMax.net, but I couldn't find it before. I kept getting stuck at the "media has been removed" part.

That episode guide listed which episodes were released on which of the three videos which were offical released. Unfortunately, there were still quite a few episodes that were not offically released, and as far as I can tell the offical videos are out of print.

I would like to know who is in charge of the episode guide, so I can ask if it is possible to get permision to use those synopsis in the episode guide. It does seem like some of those synopsis may have been taken off of the boxes the videos came in, or from some other offical source.

Also, on TV Tome the airdates of the episodes are listed, and I noticed that they are missing from SamandMax.net`s episode guide. So who ever runs the episode guide may want to use that info.

• 5 weeks later...

I understand the illegality of not putting the episodes you can buy up for download, but why are there problems with the ones that aren't available? It's not like anyone's being deprived of money. If they wanted to release those episodes, they would have, and I would have bought them like the other 3 tapes that are comercially available. That's how the DAP gets away with stuff. They only release things that you can't buy in any format. If something later gets released, they pull it from distribution, and they've never had any problems to my knowledge.

I think our best bet is what I found through VideoFlicks.com. To answer some questions there are 3 videos of the episodes and one threepack. The good news is that they ARE listed - the bad news is that they AREN'T available right now. More good news is that they have an email notification list that I've signed up for but the truth is, I'm really not sure how reliable it is.

Peace and Hope

• 3 weeks later...

A few days ago I found a few of the Sam & Max episodes up on BitTorrent, if anyone here is familiar with that. Although it's a filesharing client, it's not really like Kazaa or Napster, since you're only sharing the files you're downloading at the time. Not sure if the episodes were available on the videotape or not, but there were quite a few of them up there for any interested parties.

• 1 year later...

Due to limitations of the format at TV Tome (now TV.com), the episode guide there is rather misleading. There were 12 episodes made up of two 11 minute parts except for the first episode which was 30 minutes.

The episodes are listed in the order that they aired on TV IV:

http://tviv.org/wiki/Sam_and_Max:_Freelance_Police/Season_One

Please let me know the titles or any other descriptive information of any of the episodes which you believe to be missing.

I think it's usually doubled with another person... And I know he has it for sure on Bad Day on the Moon, but I kind of think the team just read the comic and adapted it to children's television themselves.

But I'm saying this without actually looking through the tapes. And there also isn't a nice little guide online.

• 2 weeks later...

He's credited as the sole writer of The Little Bigfoot episode.

It's a fun ep - similar in tone to some of the Lucas Adventurer comics.

I think a lot of the episodes ape Purcell's tone really well, particularly the alligator and Mack Salmon episodes. Most episodes contain some sort of nod to the original comics, which at least seems to indicate some respect for the books. I was always impressed with what they let them get away with, in terms of innuendo and slapstick - love those police brutality gags!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived