Home

Some NPC Weapon Questions

jojobob

how do i get some of the npc weapons to work for the player? the tusken rifle works great, i love being a wampa running around with it. the staff works as far as animations and attacks go but it doesn't do damag while the rifle does. the noghri stick (more like a pistol) works only for secondary fire, which makes a green flash from the muzzle and doesn't do anything. when you fire with the noghri stick, it crashes the game. i forget why the jawa pistol didn't work, some kind of model issue. the scepter works, but it shoots like a weak disruptor, not a yellow-orange continuous beam like when tavion has it. i've mind tricked tavion when she used the scepter and the beam stays on for a while longer. the scepter would be awesome if jaden held it right, had the right animations and shot out a cool beam or even did the ground pound. is there a way to use this without editing the code or making a saber that looks like the scepter and has a long orange blade?

If you type: give weapon_scepter, you can use alt fire to get a beam, it dosn't kill, but has huge knockback and can bash enimies into walls till they die.

Anyway, I'm thinking of doing a weapons mod so I could do with some help on this sort of thing, I tryed altering the weapons.dat file but couldn't do much really.

what I intend to do is this:

Blaster pistol, primary fire: like origonal alternate fire

secondary fire: use scope

Blaster rifle, as above

disruptor rifle, primary fire: scepter alt attack as described above

secondary: as before

bowcater, primary fire: like origonal alt fire

secondary: with scope

concution rifle, primary fire: as before

secondary: primary but homing like the rockets.

Thanx in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived