Home

Wtf of the Week

Boba Rhett

Yes yes... it's about American Idol. :p STFU!

Have you all heard about the latest controvercy surrounding it? People are saying that the voting is racist and that's why Jennifer Hudson was voted off last week. :indif:

The last person to win american Idol was black and from what I remember, I think there's only one white person left in the finalists! :confused:

Why do people feel the need to play the race card when things don't go their way or if someone belonging to a minority doesn't win something?

If the red haired pasty guy gets voted off, can I start a campaign against all the blatant haters of white, red headed, pasty men that must have voted? :rolleyes:

I find this thread offensive...lock it.

Baha, just kidding.

Seriously...here's a thought

what if there is no real racism left naturally inside everyone anymore....just people's imagination and paranoia that actually CAUSES the racism to appear...

in other words...we wouldn't think about it until they brought up racism, then it explodes into paranoia and controversy.

(ie...there is no fear until someone shouts SPIDER!!!!.....then it spreads....and dissapates until someone else shouts SPIDER!!!)

Is this one of those examples of 'positive discrimination'?

I love these ridiculous terms that try to justify taking a completely opposite but equally wrong stance. :o

Mind you...I found Pop Idol in the UK to be so mind-numbingly boring I almost went into catatonic shock... :indif:

The ultimate question is...'Can any of them sing...or should they all be voted off?'

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

No, and yes.

Agreed. I hate American Idol...when I rule, everyone involved with THAT project will feel my wrath...

Damn pop music and its feel good attitude. Give me some Jonathan Davis screaming his damned head off any day!

black people insulting white aint racist, and if white make a small coment its racist.same for feminism but thats too off-topic

elthon john is an idiot...good ppl get voted out all the time, when it happened here i was so certain (and still am) it was merely a trick to lure more voters

I'm a hotheaded moron that hates haters:rolleyes:

This pretty bad, I don't like to hear about this trash any more, but when I do it makes me so God damn mad that I have to say something.

I think that it?s more racist for someone to unjustly accuse you, than if you were being racist in talk, no form of racism is tolerable, but to be unjustly and unfoundedly accused is someone spiteful looking for trouble.

This subject is a tough one for me because I was called racist more than once for saying that Hispanics should not come illegal across the boarder of the US.

I am deeply sorry if I offend anyone.

My brother and I were working at the same Mexican fast food restaurant when he made a comment that that day was the first time there weren't any Mexicans working while he was there.(he didn't mean anything by it) One of our co-workers accused him of being racist. Later that day our co-worker asked if someone would get her some mexican nuggets(seasoned tater-tots). I responded, "Don't you mean mexican-American nuggets?":D

Bah, racism is just an excuse overly used by the minority. It is true in some cases, but not all. Pathetic really. Using racism as an excuse for not succeeding. The minority should rather exceed in an area with hard work rather than sitting down and saying they can't do much because everyone's racist towards them.

This subject is a tough one for me because I was called racist more than once for saying that Hispanics should not come illegal across the boarder of the US.

This isn't racism IMHO. It's true though... no one should cross a border illegally.

Wow, excuses excuses...

You think we would have learned by now, but I guess people don't like change, and I don't think this subject will ever be solved. I think society now fits every person in the color spectrum.

Oh and I also say WTF when only a white person can be racist, or only men can be sexist. I guess us caucasian men get the raw end of the deal in this particular situtation.

And a white caucasian man like myself hates it :mad:

really people IT'S TIME TO GROW UP!

In terms of talent levels in racial groups, you'll find that the average african american person is a much better singer than the average caucasian singer.

If you took 100,000 african americans and 1 million causasian americans, I'd bet my money that there'd be just as many vocally talented people in each group.

People need to shut up and realise that the african american singers in this competition ARE much better.

Originally posted by GonkH8er

In terms of talent levels in racial groups, you'll find that the average african american person is a much better singer than the average caucasian singer.

If you took 100,000 african americans and 1 million causasian americans, I'd bet my money that there'd be just as many vocally talented people in each group.

People need to shut up and realise that the african american singers in this competition ARE much better.

Eh, that's a matter of opinion. My opinion is that all that "soulful" EeEeeWwWwwWwWEeEeEOoOOOoooooOOoooOHHHHHH-crap that I find most african american singers do, requires little talent, even less originality, and it's just plain annoying. I mean...Almost all of them seem to do it. Especially the big top 40 types.

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

Eh, that's a matter of opinion. My opinion is that all that "soulful" EeEeeWwWwwWwWEeEeEOoOOOoooooOOoooOHHHHHH-crap that I find most african american singers do, requires little talent, even less originality, and it's just plain annoying. I mean...Almost all of them seem to do it. Especially the big top 40 types.

Yes, most african american artists DO sing rap, which is one of the technically less demanding genres of music..... but the fact is the average african american has MUCH MUCH MUCH better voice control and better pitch than the average caucasian.

Believe me, i despise rap too :p But in this competition, it's clear who the better singers are....

Originally posted by GonkH8er

Yes, most african american artists DO sing rap, which is one of the technically less demanding genres of music..... but the fact is the average african american has MUCH MUCH MUCH better voice control and better pitch than the average caucasian.

Believe me, i despise rap too :p But in this competition, it's clear who the better singers are....

Actually, I wasn't reffering to rap at all (which I also hate, among many other things). I was talking about all your Whitney Houstons, Mariah Carries, R. Kellys. Those types. All the "soul" crap. To me, changing the pitch at the end of every line in a verse, and carrying on one word with vibrato, just sucks. But hey, to you it's music to your ears. To me, it's fingernails running down a chalkboard. Let's not let this come between us, soul brutha.

cant think of too many cool *white* rapsters anyways, apart from the good ole beastie boys....

Rhett, I thought you're meant to be an example of 'how to be cool' to younger posters, stop admitting you watch idol will ya.... :p

mtfbwya

Archived