Home

Why don't we speak about cinema?

mapixx

I started this thread to post our comments on every film we have recently seen or everyone else....

Yesterday I had my second vision of Kill Bill Volume 2 and I loved it...

Uma is the only woman who could make me doubt of my sexuality!

I saw Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, which was visually trippy. Very awesome movie.

I also got around to seeing A Fistful of Dollars. Sergio Leone is brilliant and Clint Eastwood's a badass. It wasn't as good as Once Upon A Time in the West though.

I've got a friend who was meant to call us all up about going this Sunday to see Kill Bill but he lost his phone and so couldn't set it up. He was meant to do it again yesterday but again didn't. I'm starting to fear I'll never see it. :(

Nah!

Kill Bill is Quentin Tarantino's worst movie(s) ever. EVER. They suck. I've seen better film on teeth.

ON TEETH!

Resevoir Dogs was great, and so was Pulp Fiction. Jackie Brown had an excellent quality as well, but my god Kill Bill sucks.

He could at least make it funny.

no, soul-healing ish a bowl of hot soup and Nightmare Before Christmas. In October.

I haven't had much time to watch movies, lately. I did watch the silent "Phantom of the Opera" on Friday. Not bad. It beat around the bush, though. And it was silent.

Another friend of mine, "Fro-Fro", saw teh "Punisher". She said it was poo.

Does anyone else notice that comic books rarely translate well into movies? Or visa-versa? (ducks Alien)

IS EVERYONE BOYCOTTING THE 2004 PHANTOM MOVIE?!

I liked Big Fish, it was original, as is all of Burtons work. (okay, so mostly based on books and so on, but they're original books, none of the 'guy goes on a journey, saves the day and gets a girl on the side' crap)

So based on Burtons past work, what do you think will come of his rendition of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, starring Burtons bitch, Johnny Depp as Willy Wanker Wonker?

I'm both for it and against it. I loved the original movie very much, but the book was so much darker and crazier, and Tim Burton might bring out that edge. Willy Wonka was a much bigger psycho in the book, but it was well hinted in the film. But if anyone had to redo it, then Tim Burton is probably the only person who can.

I love Johnny Depp, he's one of my favorite actors. He'll probably pull off Wonka, but my heart is still with Gene Wilder. I heard Burton originally wanted Marilyn Manson, which would have definitely brought a different touch. He fits the image in my mind, but being a rockstar and all, he probably sucks at acting.

personally, I thing Depp has a wide range in his acting and could pull off Willy Wonker nicely. Yes, Gene Wilder was good, but as you said, it wasn't as dark as the original book (written by a guy who did pretty good horror novels, can't remember the title, but I seem to remember one about a brain and an eye and.. it was hella good).

What I loved about Roal Dahl's books were that they were mostly written for chuildren, but had this really dark tone to them which people didn't seem to find. I mean when a boy shrinks his grandmother down so much she simply dissapears and then the book ends, that's slightly dark, but then you get these same books being read to children in schools, it's great. I seem to remember in the sequel to Charlie and the Chocolate factory (Great Glass elevator) his grandparents drink something that makes them younger, but they go back so far they're not born or something. They come back, but the very idea is just freakishly weird. I loved it and would really like to read the following adventures of Charlie, if only I could find them.

Wanker Wonker...

ITS WONKA!!!!!!!!!1

thank you.

I loved the great Dohl when I was a lass. I read the Witches alot, which, for assidelitic reasons, got me in trouble. It was a sixth grade book(?!?) and I was in the fourth grade, so the teacher yelled at me. Meh.

I do not like this Tim Burton Willy Wonka and I will have nothing to do with this wonka.

Today, my away-message read: DAM THE DAM COMIX DAM JANE AND RAM-RAM-RAMROD AND NOW THIS MANCRAP MAKING! GOOD GOD! TIM IS GOD AND GOD IS DEAD!

...yeah...

Originally posted by Orca Wail

Wanker Wonker...

ITS WONKA!!!!!!!!!1

thank you.

I loved the great Dohl when I was a lass. I read the Witches alot, which, for assidelitic reasons, got me in trouble. It was a sixth grade book(?!?) and I was in the fourth grade, so the teacher yelled at me. Meh.

I do not like this Tim Burton Willy Wonka and I will have nothing to do with this wonka.

Today, my away-message read: DAM THE DAM COMIX DAM JANE AND RAM-RAM-RAMROD AND NOW THIS MANCRAP MAKING! GOOD GOD! TIM IS GOD AND GOD IS DEAD!

...yeah...

Would anyone like to attempt an english translation? Do you like the idea of Johnny Depp being Willy Wonker or not?

Sorry...I was feeling jolly...

No, I hate the idea of Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka. I don't know who else could play him, but I know for certain Depp is not right for this role. I feel it in my gut.

However, does anyone have details on this? What I'd like to know is if it will be like a "twisted" version (see American Magee's Alice or the seires The Twisted Land of Oz). Then maybe I could see Depp in this.

Speaking of Depp...I heard on the radio that Depp wants Keith Richards, a guy from the Stones, to play Jack Sparrow's father in the Pirates 2. Moo...

Johnny Depp as Willy Wonka!!! Thats madness...i think he would make a much better Charlie. Nah i'm just kidding, he's a great actor. Not as god as Ashton Kutcher though. Has anybody seen The Butterfly Effect? Its a great film and it leaves you thinking about loads of stuff after you've seen it.The thoughts that were goin through my head were 'That guy must be unluckiest person in the world...nothing at all goes right for him'. Still its a fantastic film

Originally posted by Thrik

thrik.net?p=32

Fight Club is THE film...

yesterday I saw The godfather Part I and II great! but my favourite Coppola is still Apocalypse now, Brando is still Kurtz, DeNiro is still Travis (or Noodles) and Pacino is still Tony Montana for me...

Originally posted by Jack Threepwood

Not as god as Ashton Kutcher though.

Okay, I suggest you leave before a barrage of angry people come running at you with sharp and blunt objects.

No seriously, he's alright in That 70's Show, but I heard that Kutchers acting in The Butterfly Effect was the one thing that brought the movie down.

BUt that's besides the point, to say that he's a better actor than Jhonny Depp, well that's just like being a regicide. You might as well say brocholli is better than chocolate.

And Orca, I think they're gonna try and make a CATCF (boy, that's a hell of a lot easier than typing Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, we'll just do that from no on) which is closer to the book than the earlier version was, which was basically all cutesy and soft, whereas the book was a lot darker and twisted, and really brough home the fact that all of the other kid were at times in real mortal danger when the had the chocolate and/or candy, like the kid that fell into the chocolate river. The factory has to be Terrific and Terrifying at the same time.

I weren't to happy about the oompa loompa's either, they weren't creepy enough.

Oh, and Johnny Depp rules, and not judging him on films like Pirates and Once upon a Time in Mexico, he has a very wide range of acting in him, and I think he could easily pull off WW.

Archived