Home

AOTC:TC - Demo Released

Anakin

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, maybe I'm wrong, but Anakin has always seems really selfish with his code. It was like he was making a game he would get money off of. He released some half done models and some one fixed them gave him full credit and he blew his top. His models were even donated to him and he didn’t even do them. Talk about selfish. That ticked me. Oh well. Any way I think the demo was like buying Doom 3 and running it on software rendering mode. It may have all the code and other stuff you want but with out content its just like those 4,000,000 other mods that change the menus and took 10 hours, and didn't have any new code. I mean no source code was released and no one could use it to make their own stuff, and besides the code there was nothing in it. If it weren’t for all the hype and that every one knows how much work went into it would get a 3 and PC game mods and be lost into oblivion. You did the hard part and stopped there. Now we have a mod that took a whole team a year and a half, but ends up being worse than some "1337 munuz adn SAB3RZ mOdzOr" on PC Gamemods. Its like your coding Doom 3 and didn't go to the trouble to release it. Either finish it, or listen as your reputation gets flushed down the JA community tubes.

Gothicx, Im not saying my work! I make mods for myself! Then i share them & it seems thousands of people like them too from all the downloads. I dont know why you have to be such a dick about everything! I tried to talk to you like a man but your just the bitch i expected you to be.

*Counts down until the thread is closed...*

Well, I just saw that Anakin is taking a very long and needed break. Hopefully, this mod will still be finished in some type of form or another. From what I have seen, it has great potential. I really hope it all works out. I can't remember who said it, but I thnik it was on the AOTCTC forums that communication seems to be a problem in the group. Again, I hope that the team can get past the fight, reorganize, and finish the mod...

I agree with Aryyn with the that the team was really spread out on what they worked on. I dont think Kengo really understood what you was saying Aryyn. You had some very good points and ideas. Obi_Kwiet, I think your maybe right about what you said about the code from the little situation earlier in the thread. I personally think is everyone who mapped, modeled, or whatever jusy came together and help each other, we would see much progress in the modding of the game. It would actually be a good idea to help each other instead of going around fighting with everybody. Gothix, it seems that you have great protential to be a good mapper, but the real first step to that is letting go your ego. Aryyn was trying to end this conflict that supossily goes beyond this thread.

I'd still like to see the JO animation data released. Even if I no longer need it. Or just come clean on wether Anakin has it or not.

If Anakin did have it and sat on it I'd be pretty mad that the whole community has been set back. The whole process of refining and finding the best ways of doing animations could have been taken care of a long time ago, and would have been a great boon to JO. Even bolstering the number of players in the community.

If Anakin lied about having them. Then thats just low and shows he's willing to say anything to get someone to help him.

I'm not the only one who wants these answers, and an explanation.

If we can cut out the flames and name-calling, this thread can remain open, even though it's gone off track from a demo announcement to a discussion about what the AOTC TC team should or shouldn't have done/be doing.

So keep it peaceful, even if you disagree...

Otherwise it's getting locked and you people can cool off and work out your problems in a new, fresh, civilized thread.

What all has Aryyn done? And if you say he has infact stole work, what work was it from? Even though people have their talents, sometimes they can make the original work look better. All im trying to say we the modding community needs to come together as one. When we are one then we can do about anything.

He used models from AOTCTC and TPMTC, changed some NPC files, and said it was a "OMFGLOOKWERESITH" Total Conversion (or something). He also grabbed models from the net, and made them available in SP. All without asking for permission, and even when the models had a disclaimer saying they weren't to be modified in the readme, he just did it.

GothiX is right. There were stolen models tthat Aryyn claimed as his own. One being a Jango Fett model that had the jet pack from AOTCTC. I had it for a while and started looking at it in game and noticed the jet pack from seeing screens of the TC...

I don't understand what the problem is. Many of the best SP modders have released SP campaign maps with different models and characters as the lead and have had levels with new textures and all that all released within a year. All pretty much done solo with help here and there. I don't see why the AOTC TC is such a hard thing to do with a team. I guess adding animations and such but really the game doesn't need all that superfluous fluff to make it halfway decent. Just a 1st person view, but the game foundation is pretty solid and adding new models and vehicles is not hard either.

sup, maybe this is off topic, but does anybody know why i keep getting this come up when i try to startthe total conversion?

JAmp: v1.0.0.0 win-x86 Jul 21 2003

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop/aotctc

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop/base

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

Running in restricted demo mode.

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop/demo

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

Couldn't load mpdefault.cfg

any help at all would be much appreciated,

peace

i gotta a lot of experience in feking up situations and while reading this thread i thought: what would be the worst response aotctc could give

Originally posted by Anakin

Well you have all just sealed the coffin on the TC, kiss it good bye.

yep.

Remember a topic started earlier by a genius, which stated most ppl looked most forward to aotctc? So much work done to it by various authors and it gets a bad name by

POOR communication (the animation thing+a tc demo without tc content). And worst of all, even after this obvious response from the community decide "we made it for you, you dont like it, we stop : ' ( ". Pull yourselves together and impress us by what aotctc is meant to be. my error in this post though is that i bash about something you said earlier and by now most likely had a good rest and think about it, though i aint seeing a 'i take my words back' post here yet. yay for PR

btw all the maps in jedimoves.com are great and sw related, might wanna ask the authors to include em in a (GOOD) demo orso

Archived