Home

WIP, Basic, Enhanced, Confusion

I'm a bit out of the loop -- the last time I was here I was complaining that we needed something just like OJP, and razorace was working on MotF and saying he might like to redo a lot of the saber collision stuff one day.

I want to do a mod as a summer project to advance my OpenGL skills, and would like to use the fixes to the basic saber system along with the RGB sabers and stuff that OJP Basic already has -- but the problem is I'm confused as to what Basic actually does.

Am I correct in saying that sabersys is in both basic and enhanced, but is not turned on by default and has to be activated? I looked in the OJP_sabersys file and it lists everything under "Enhanced" headings, so that confused me a bit.

Also, are there any of the saber trace 'inadequacies' fixed in Basic without sabersys? I'm talking about the saber collision and saber length stuff.

To me, the docs are really confusing. Maybe its just me. :/ But hey, you know what they say about good coders and documentation ;)

*sigh* OK, replace every isntance of WIP in my post to sabersys then. There, fixed. Now, back to my question ... :)

Basic has bugfixes, ok good, did you consider the saber collision as it was originally to be a bug, and fix it?

I also noticed I had missed out on the Basic and Enhanced descriptions on the website because I wasn't using Internet Explorer. Maybe a nice link to the descriptions as well as the mouseover would be helpful for us non-IE users.

No, all sabersys stuff is enhanced only. The only thing in basic right now are actual bug fixes, and graphic, and menu changes. Nothing that effects game balance. And tweaking the tracing and collision would effect how the game is played.

Archived