Home

Advice

Master_Ginn

Well there is a certain situation that i'm in. I kind of like this girl right, but she and i are both away in college and therefore don't see each other. She will be home this summer, as will I. Should i try to make a relationship happen over the summer, and then try and long distance it over the school year? Or should i not even try and just stay friends? I need advice! Perhaps some ladies can give the view on their side of the table, meaning if you this girl and i asked you out what would you do? or would you even want a relationship for a couple months.

I'd wait till I got to know her really well. Girls can surprise you. You never know when they might become something you truly dislike.

Either way, hang out with her in the summer. Get to know her well. If you feel it's right then, go for it. Patience is a virtue.

-Mike.

I have been in many relationships, long distance doesnt work unless youve been together awhile and are quite serious already. For a strapping young man in college you are just practically neutering yourself. Stay friends by all means, but thats it, your just making things difficult.....believe me.........

*astro amazed at all the type of advice poor feanaro has gotten so far*

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Clemme w/Stick

Dont worry about it. They'll be another chance some day, just let it come to you, instead of go searching for it.

-Clemme

Clemme, that's *so* true..... [bTW, I havent forgotten about the CCG stuff, hang in there ! we are doing alot of spring cleaning at the moment...]

mtfbwya

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

I have been in many relationships, long distance doesnt work unless youve been together awhile and are quite serious already.

Not necessarily serious. Right now I'm in a relationship that began as a long distace relationship. We'd been friends through high school just as feanaro was with his lady.

And, by the by, my relationship is working wonderfully. It sucks hard not seeing her when I want to, but when I DO see her it makes it all worthwhile.

Personally, I wouldn't worry much about ruining the friendship, I mean, she goes to college in another state, and after college, there's no reason to assume you'd ever even see her again, UNLESS there was a reason for her to remain close to you, like a strong relationship.

I say go balls out on this one buddy.

Originally posted by Mike Windu

You never know when they might become something you truly dislike.

Have you ever considered going into carpentry, Mike?

Because you've hit the nail right on the head with that one! :rofl:

Ahem...

But about the long-distance thing; my fianceé and I did the long-distance thing for 3 years and we made it work. It's not easy, but it can be done. ;)

B.

Originally posted by Astrotoy7

*astro winces at ETs "inappropriate for this context" motivational phrase*

Bah, it's a saying. We use it in our hockey games all the times. It just means go for it all.

ye dang ozzie with yer kangaroos

Archived