Home

WIP: Asajj Ventress

monsoontide

I deleted previous thread because it degenerated into a completely different discussion. :(

Finished UV Mapping (Minus tidying up the UV's a bit)

Textures are about 60% done - lots more detailing and fixes to be made. I intend to make it abit more hardcore bondage in style.

I still have a few adjustments to make to the model, then it will be ready for rigging. Will have to see how it goes. I imagine the dress will be a pain in the arse.

Thanks for the saber handle.

Assaj_WIP_3.jpg

Assaj_WIP_2.jpg

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's up with these stuppid ads anyway? Can't they get them to move over relevant to the width of the thread?

Anyway don't forget, this is based on the TOON (Toy was used as 3D modeling reference) version of Asajj.

not to worry Ron, the debate was legitimate and interesting, just in the WRONG place. :)

• 2 weeks later...

i like the look of it ... as close as one can get to the feel of the animated series.

but i think that is something working against it, mainly because it wouldn't 'fit' into the JA game ... but that's just my opinion.

i DO think it rocks. :D

Originally posted by adillon

i like the look of it ... as close as one can get to the feel of the animated series.

but i think that is something working against it, mainly because it wouldn't 'fit' into the JA game ... but that's just my opinion.

i DO think it rocks. :D

Well, there are maps being worked on based on the animated series.

If you do holster stuff, I'd recommend putting the tags in front criss-crossing each other. :)

It looks like animation-wise I should be able to mesh the holster stuff with the draw and putaway anims. And then make it saber specific at least.

OK, OK, I admit it, I've done nothing at all on this for some time.

However, will try and get it ready for rigging this weekend (Family allowing!)

? There's a Softimage Kit for making Halflife2 models. Since the Jedi Knight skeleton is in softimage, I wonder if it's possible to use the halflife 2 kit to do JA models? Someone want to test it out or am I just deluded? (I can't use softimage for s**t)

Looks like it may be possible to use the Softimage XSI EXP (Free cut down version) to make models for Jedi Knight as well.

At least partially, since I was able to successfully import the _humanoid.xsi file.

XsiJedi.jpg

Not sure about getting it to export correctly though as I don't have any idea how to use softimage (yet)

Archived