Widescreen or Fullscreen: The Debate.

ET Warrior

Widescreen or Fullscreen?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Widescreen or Fullscreen?

• Widescreen
    • Fullscreen
    • Meh

Alright, lets hear it, when you go to buy a movie do you immediately grab the widescreen, fullscreen, or do you really not care?

I say widescreen is the ONLY way to purchase movies, and I hate it when I have to watch them in fullscreen.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like widescreen for films, but you realy need a widesreen TV to get the most of it.

(edit) Ok i'm getting fed up with this, why did the word films turn to a link?

(edit2) and it always goes away after editing, does anyone else have this problem?

Originally posted by Mike Windu

I like them both. Preferably fullscreen but widescreen is ok with me. I just dont like the thick black lines on my tv.

but...you lose SO MUCH with fullscreen, they cut off so much from the sides is makes me sad.

Originally posted by Egg Destroyer

Dude, you have an RF modulator? Cause My TV downstairs (like, 23 years old or something) Can take em

The TV is pure crap... If I wanna get a somewhat clear picture I have to go through the VCR...

Good thing I don't watch much TV, eh? ^^;

Widescreen is the only way to go for me. Like Et Warrior, I too hate it when they cut stuff off. This came about because of Star Wars, actually. When I was younger I only was able to watch them on tv or video tape & always saw it full screen. There was a scene where vader & the emporer are talking, Vader leaves & Palpy then turns to his advisors. I had never seen the advisors due to them being cut off by the full screen. I was surprised the first time I saw them, I was like "Who are those guys?? :confused:"

Originally posted by Leemu Taos

There is no debate. Widescreen the only way to go. ;)

indeed. Fullscreen is for ppl who've grown up plastered to the TV and cant get used to anything else.... Plus, often frames content is chopped off to accomodate the FS versions. I remember when I first saw the re-relases of SW OT in fullscreen, needless to say it added to the experience immensely :)

mtfbwya

WIDESCREEN!

i like to think of films as a work of art. the director is the artist and the film is his landscape. i dont think they appreciate somebody taking away half of their landscape to focus on one "tree"

sorry but im passionate about this. i have converted several people to widescreen

Originally posted by The Cheat

sorry but im passionate about this. i have converted several people to widescreen

I turned my dad to widescreen, and my roommate to widescreen, and I will continue my vendetta until it's finally realized that fullscreen is crap and they shouldn't even release movies like that.

Archived