1. 1. Widescreen or Fullscreen?

• Widescreen
    • Fullscreen
    • Meh

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Boba Rhett

Nothing? :indif: Lets not go overboard on the Star Wars lurve.

There is *no* film about which there is *nothing* wrong. That doesn't make them bad. Personally, EpII is my favorite of the five, and EpI my least favorite (despite having some of the best saber battles and songs). That's just a matter of taste.

As for the wide-full. I'm definitely widescreen, but my family generally prefers the fullscreen. Why? Look at the comparison pics - I prefer seeing the whole frame, but the characters themselves are smaller.

Mike

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

Widescreen. You see more and fullscreen just looks like crap.

Anyway here in the UK u don't have the choice between widescreen or fullscreen. All DVDs I've seen over here are widescreen.

Since we share the same DVD's usually (Zone 2/4 are both PAL zones), there are no "fullscreen DVDs" All of them are widscreen.

That includes ones like Apocalypse Now, and the LOTR movies, which are well beyond the 1.78:1 (16:9) widescreen ratio. That no matter how wide the widescreen TV is, there are significant black bars on it.

Everybody is always complaining about the big black lines at the top and bottom of the screen. I don't even see them. I used to notice them but once the movie started it was gone. I think you just need to keep watching widescreen to get accustomed to it. Like now i notice fullscreen more than widescreen and it's black lines.

Originally posted by Feanaro

Everybody is always complaining about the big black lines at the top and bottom of the screen. I don't even see them. I used to notice them but once the movie started it was gone. I think you just need to keep watching widescreen to get accustomed to it. Like now i notice fullscreen more than widescreen and it's black lines.

It's so true, I remember when I first started watching widescreen, how silly I thought it was and annoying those black bars were. I don't see them anymore either.

Originally posted by Crazy_dog no.3

Widescreen. You see more and fullscreen just looks like crap.

Anyway here in the UK u don't have the choice between widescreen or fullscreen. All DVDs I've seen over here are widescreen.

i wish it was like that here. i hate how walmart usually only has fullscreen when there are two different versions :(

Archived