Home

OBImodel and skin, OBIsaber, and oh yes DARTH MAUL in JA!!!

RJW_ca

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Hapslash did part of that skin as well there, since he has Count Dooku on his site too.

http://www.hapslash.com/wip_sw2_dooku.html

And since RJW is soo good at modeling, is he going to reweight the Mace Windu, Padme, Dooku, and Palpatine models so that we don't get the saber bug?

I just hope everyone realizes Aaron Smith did practically all the work on the Obi-Wan model...:(

Yeah, that's basically just the skin I made for the Count Dooku model. I didn't let RJW have a look at it with the understanding that a few minor alterations would be made then he would release it as his own skin.

I would appreciate it if the skin was not released. Especially since it looks as if it was just combined it with parts of the original version made by K-Man, and he's very particular about other people using his work without his permission.

Hey hapslash, this is on a semi-related note. When are you planning on releasing some of the other projects on your site. (Namely ROTJ Luke, Bespin Luke, Fett, and Vader) Those all look far better than the versions currently out there (no offense to their creators) and I am just curious. Also, will you do a proper Luke Saber for the Bespin model or maybe a Vader saber for the Vader model?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hmmm J Solo, I see something very interesting. What you ask? Well you and RJ are both from Ottawa. Also something else strikes me as funny. You Registered: Oct 2003, but you just got your first post today. So in conclussion you are RJ or your his clumsy friend who forgot his password to the Lucasforms and decided to post here. Also here in a few weeks luckily you will get a double teaser. And thats all I can say for now :D!

Hahahaha. Good observation Zappa, but i'm sorry to disappoint you. Yes, I do live in Ottawa, no I dont know RJ both in person, or on these boards. I usually browse these forums seeing the latest models and maps in work but i never stopped to post. I'm sure RJ will verify this once he gets the chance.

Last I had heard, both of these projects were in limbo,...

From what I can gather, nothing has ben done with Darth Maul. RJW_ca doesn't have the ability to make the model himself, and I don't think he's found anyone willing to take up that job yet. Although I'll admit, that I haven't talked to him in a number of weeks.

As far as Obi-Wan is concerned, I was informed that there was a bit of a falling out between RJW and the author of the model, Aaron Smith. Apparently RJW has been showing off the model as his work on numerous forums without giving any credit to Aaron or myself.

Yes I know what you mean Hapslash. He says its done, but when I ask him if he can send it to me for the use in my movies, he wont and says he wants to do a movie on it before he releases it. I think someone has a bit of a power trip. And about the Maul model if he has done anything with it, hes only skinned the old model to make it better.

As far as this goes I don't think there is a big fall out between Aaron and I, YES Aaron Smith Made the model I just skinned it in colaboration with hapslash and added the robe fixing it abit in 3DSmax...yes I know alittle on Max now...I've been reading and working up on it!!!

- I never posted the model up as only mine being mine persay

- If you look in the forums the have it I always tried to post the other helpers and will do so in the readme that comes with it!!!

Zappa wanted to have Obi for his movies but I just want this model to be portrayed right before it's release

<alittle damatic fight scene is all with some Star Wars suprises>

-the model still needs team skins

-other then that it is done...

RJW_ca

LOL, what dont you think I can do a good job in making a video for you? Dude you must not have seen any of my work! But you say "you" wont release it to no without "you" making a little video which will probally make the model look worse. But the fact is people will not need a video to want to download the Obiwan model. They will download it because it is in fact a model. Now back with your wants, you say all this is about you, nothing about Aaron, nothing about Hapslash. What does Aaron wanna do, since it is "his" model. And since it is his model you dont really have the right to do anything with it, but to send it back to Aaron himself to do what he pleases. This situation is just like the Gollum model, the modeler got you to do the sounds and you never sent it back to him or even contacted him. From my knowledge you still have the model. That is really sad, alot of people was looking forward to that model and the only reason it hasnt been released is you never contacted the modeler about the finished work.

There's no reason to get hostile now, RJW had talked to Aaron about releasing it prior to any work that he had done with it. There have just been a few questions raised about giving proper credit where it is due.

I wouldn't worry about wether or not the model will be released either. I've talked to Aaron myself and he's told me that I could release the model myself if needed, but I'd rather see this project end the way it was originally intended, and with everyone getting the credit they deserve.

Originally posted by RJW_ca

- I never posted the model up as only mine being mine persay

- If you look in the forums the have it I always tried to post the other helpers

All I can comment on is what I've seen and have been told.

I myself have visited several forums where I've seen you

post it as your work, without any mention of anyone else

having contributed to it.

Aaron Smith Made the model I just skinned it in colaboration with hapslash, and added the robe fixing it abit in 3DSmax

I was unaware that anything had been done to the model itself.

Since the entire model is just Aaron's Quinlan Vos model with a

new head and sleeves, I merely assumed that he had left that in

there himself. As to what you may have fixed with the model, I

haven't a clue. All of the major problems that existed with

Quinlan Vos are still present in Obi-Wan. It even has the

same basic weighting.

And speaking for myself, I don't really appreciate being reduced to a "collaberated with" credit. Especially since I had to go in myself and recreate 90% of the textures, many of them from scratch.

Finally people are starting to understand! I posted this quote way long before:

Originally posted by Miko Reglia

I just hope everyone realizes Aaron Smith did practically all the work on the Obi-Wan model...:(

I infact beta tested this model myself, and if I were to get hands on this model and test it again, I would wonder if there were still clipping issues that I had to deal with while testing for Aaron. Myself and Aaron were good friends, and clanmates even, me being his master. Its good that people are finally seeing the real creator of this model, because Aaron worked very hard on all his models until becoming afk for a really long time, and that he personally told me that he gave a lot of his models to RJW anyway.

RJW, I know its probably not in your intention to take all of the credit to yourself, but you constantly talk about "collaborations" and that its "your" or "my" Obi-Wan (and you did infact say that a lot). The truth is, no offense again, that I only see Aaron making the model, and Hapslash did the skin, and I just see you as the person who is organizing it all, like a producer of a movie.

Again, I apologize to you RJW for being a little harsh, I just want to express my views about this current situation. I think if anyone should release this model now, it should be Hapslash due to Aaron's absence at the moment.

Archived