Home

Best Game Ever vot at gamefaqs

JofaGuht

At gamefaqs, the best game ever award is between Final Fantasy X and Shenmue. Vote for the right one before its too late (and by the right one, I mean Shenmue of course). Right now Shenmue only has 25% percent and the vote is ending soon so vote for it NOW!!!!

Do you realize what you people have done? Have your duties and responbilities been strick as a human being? The best game ever lost the Best Game Ever vote. And to think I'm on the same forum.....

I'm sorry, I got out of hand. I love you all.

I don't know what you are all talking about, but I do sense a lot of hate and swearing. But I can't think of appropriate swearwords right now, so I'm just going to replace them all with 'Swear!'.

Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear! Swear!

See? It's apathy like that that makes more people play FFX instead.

Yuf, buy two copies of Shenmue, two copies of Shenmue II, and call me in the morning.......

Actually don't because I don't get up that early.

Hey. Fear not! Had I had time to vote, I would have voted Shenmue, just because I hate Final Fantasy X.

I mean, haven't those bastards ever heard of GAMEPLAY?

I know the game told a story, but why did they even bother with the tiny segments of gameplay? Why not just make it into a movie?

It was like... you watch a cutscsene, complete an extremely linear segment of gameplay, watch a cutscene, and repeat.

It was the most boring, linear final fantasy ever.

So linear that you even had to follow paths for most of the game. Paths, with perhaps the occasional forkway thrown in to make you think you had a choice, but you'd know if you'd gone the wrong way because it would be a dead end in like, two seconds...

Yeah I agree with you on FFX - my wife played it all the way through but I never found it captured my imagination. It seemed so stilted and the turn based fighting - just borinnggggg.

One Square game I loved though was Kingdom Hearts, I know it was Disneyfied and thats enough to put a lot of people off but it really didn't affect the gameplay and ... well I just thought it was great.

Originally posted by Yufster

I know the game told a story, but why did they even bother with the tiny segments of gameplay? Why not just make it into a movie?

They already made a movie and it didn't do so well. On the other hand there are a bazillion people who will blindly spend a jillion yen, dollars etc. on any game with the name Final Fantasy in it.

I've noticed the Final Fantasy games have become less and less "games" as the series progressed. I remember the first few hours of 8 being a little restrictive, with far too much chit chat before any sort of action started. 9 was even worse, with the first disc being a dialogue-skipping session, interspersed with the odd-scene of action. I haven't played 10 yet :~

6 & 7 both seemed to have a nice mix, and they're better games because of it.

Originally posted by Ryam BaCo

hmmm...what is shenmue? strange name.

Oh, look. Now you've got me started....well, get comfortable, because this is going to be a long read.

Shenmue, made by Sega-guru Yu Suzuki, is the first game to use the genre FREE (Full Reactive Eye Entertainment) in using programming such as "Time Control"(Having a life-like time cycle so your gameplay takes place in days, though the time goes much faster) and "Magic Weather" (weather changing from day to day). Shenmue took $70 Million dollars to make, and seven years in production. But it did not go to waste. In fact, in went to the two games in which I personally think are the greatest games ever made.

Shenmue is supposed to be a series of games. But they've only made two, leaving off the second one with a huge cliffhanger, then deciding not to do a third one. Which angers me deeply. Of course, Sega has very little money now to churn out a finale. But still I feel horrible.

But the gameplay is one of kind brilliant. Most of the game is going around, talking to people (in the second one, there is more than 600 people you can interact with) getting clues, doing puzzles. But you'll occasionally go into some QTE fight scenes or just free fight scenes, and there's also some arcades in town if you get bored, you can play some minigames. As for the storyline, when you play the first one, it seems the unoriginal "find the guy who killed my father so I can beat his ass" type of story. WRONG! The second game proves to us the first game is just a subtle build-up of an extremely elaborate plot about a prophesized apocalypse and a divine destiny. And of coure then it's all insignificant because they aren't making the third one. boo.

The fansite with the most info is the

Anyway, the most informative fansite is theShenmue Dojo. They are all in denial that the third one isn't being made, so don't mention it to them.

By the way, "Shenmue" is a type of Chinese tree that plays as a huge symbolic element in the game.

7 years and 70 million dollars?

and then these sega-guys don't make a hype like...hmm...half-life out of it? and console-only too (right?)?

without judging a game i don't know i write these four words, that come in my mind when i read through this: very lame project management.

Originally posted by Ryam BaCo

without judging a game i don't know i write these four words, that come in my mind when i read through this: very lame project management.

I think Sega just has bad marketing skills, plus bad luck. Take into mind that back when they made Shenmue they did have that amount of money to spend. I honestly wouldn't blame it on the project management but the business planning and game marketing. Sega has made a lot of bad decisions in their day, but I think they'll gain a bit of money back with Matrix Online.

Shenmue probably took so long because the programming hadn't been used and it truly was an experiment, also having to be updated as the graphics standard were updated

When it comes to production, there sure was a lot of sevens, seventy million, seven years, seven chapters, just going to show the Buddhist symbolism of it.

I hate Gamefaqs.

An overbearing Terms of Service, idiots, a fascist leader who can't take an insult, moderators who overuse their power....

I told them this along with a few other things on their main board and I got banned. They're just afraid, afraid of the truth!

Originally posted by JofaGuht

Shenmue probably took so long because the programming hadn't been used and it truly was an experiment, also having to be updated as the graphics standard were updated (it's still a beautiful looking game though).

a seven year lasting experiment with 70 million dollars? that's insane.

a game like matrix online should have been released between the first and second movie-parts. but part 2 sucked and was in my opinion one of these "which drugs did the dialoge-writers of matrix take, when they 'worked'"-movies. but now there are millions of online-games coming and going and the matrix-hype is over. okay, this was my opinion.

sierra sucks.

I'm the only person in the entire world that loves the Matrix sequels aren't I?

But I do agree that this whole Matrix Online thing was no explosive news. I think they put a little too much hype over this. I would play it, but my computer would go schizophrenic if I ever played an online game. I think the whole thing is pretty stupid and disappointed a lot of people at E3 (most people were waiting for them to say that they are back on track enough to release another console.

Originally posted by JofaGuht

I'm the only person in the entire world that loves the Matrix sequels aren't I?

Yes, although I must admit that Reloaded disgusted me so much that I didn't watch Revolutions. So technically I didn't like the sequel.

I never saw the need for a sequel, anyways. So I'll just be happy with The Matrix, which kicks ass.

Originally posted by Alien426

Yes, although I must admit that Reloaded disgusted me so much that I didn't watch Revolutions. So technically I didn't like the sequel.

same here. i also didn't watch revolutions because of reloaded. these "oh! come on! let's talk 15 minutes about...hmm...nothing!"-dialogs sucked a lot.

i don't think that matrix online will be as sucessful as sierra wants it to be.

Archived