Home

Did MI4 suck or what???

Mally

Lucasarts never announced the production of the Indiana Jones game, or the original full throttle 2 game, they were unrooted in interveiws and so on from people who didn't work for the company anymore.

And with the second attempt at Full throttle 2 and sam n Max 2, they both came along with trailers to back them up, so they were pretty sure that both games would do actually make it which is why the told us about them before cancelling them. They don't go into the project with the intent of cancelling them you know.

I must correct you Joshi.

After Indiana Jones And The fate of Atlantis’s release and its success a current working Lucasarts representative was interviewed in I think it was Amiga Power which at the time was a very high profile magazine for Amiga Gamers and he mentioned that they were currently working on a sequel called "Indiana Jones And The Spear Of Destiny although this wasn’t at E3 Lucasarts did announce the production of the game.

If Lucasarts don’t intend to keep cancelling games, for a so-called professional games company they have a lot of experience in the cancelling games department. Also Full throttle 2 was not only at concept art stage when it was ditched. Full throttle 2 Hell on wheels was virtually completed and was officially announced at E3 on 15 May 2003 as Full Throttle: Hell On Wheels available for PC, PS2 from 11 Sep 2004, and a movie trailer for the game was shown to the crowds as a 2D point and click adventure I think it looked absolutely excellent and the crowds loved it. But after it was announced on Friday the 8th of august 2003 Lucasarts announced they had decided to stop production of the game. In a press release The President of Lucasarts, Simon Jeffery, said, "We do not want to disappoint the many fans of Full Throttle. "[We] hope everyone can understand how committed we are to delivering the best quality gaming experience that we possibly can.” For me Disappoint is just what they did once again in a very unprofessional way. If you want to see the press release or the “Full Throttle 2 Hell on Wheels” Movie trailer go to computerandvideogames.com.and search for Full Throttle 2.

Once again The same thing happened to Sam And Max 2 it was virtually completed and was officially announced at E3 on Tuesday 13th May 2003 as Sam And Max 2 Freelance Police available for PC from spring 2004 and loads of screenshots and 2 movies trailers for the game was shown to the crowds it was a combination of action, puzzle solving and jocular banter between dog and bunny it also looked fantastic I certainly liked the look of it and again the crowd loved it. On the 06 Jan 2004 Lucasarts where also interviewed by Computerandvideogames in which they announced various characters and various features of the game. On Thursday 4th March 2004 only 12 months after cancelling Full Throttle 2, Lucasarts announced it is discontinuing production on Sam & Max Freelance Police, With another very poor excuse Lucasarts Mike Nelson, acting general manager and VP of finance and operations confirmed: "After careful evaluation of current market place realities and underlying economic considerations, we've decided that this was not the appropriate time to launch a graphic adventure on the PC". And Lucasarts yet again disappointed its fans only months before release. If you want to see the Sam And Max 2 Freelance Police Press release or the Interview, screenshots and Movie trailers got to computerandvideogames.com and search for Sam and Max 2.

When games get to E3 and you anounce release dates you dont dissapoint the fans and trash them afterwards thats very unprofessional, to do it twice in a row thats extremly unproffesional.

I totally agree with what computerandvideogames said, they do have a very bad Quality control department that cancels so many great games. The Quality control department cancel a great game like Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels, and yet they allow a very poor quality game like Super Bombard racing to get released.

:sam::max::indy:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks but I understand what Joshi was talking about he was using Full Throttle 2 Payback as an example to Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny. He said it was just like the original Full Throttle 2 which basically only had concept art before it was axed)

Which I have answered already. I said The sequel to Indiana Jones And the Fate of Atlantis, Indiana Jones And The And The Spear of Destiny was actually in the advanced stages of production then they decided not to release it.

My Last message was in reply to

And with the second attempt at Full throttle 2 and sam n Max 2, they both came along with trailers to back them up, so they were pretty sure that both games would do actually make it which is why the told us about them before cancelling them. They don't go into the project with the intent of cancelling them you know.

I hope you understand now Skinkie and Either way Full throtle 2 Payback is irrelevent it was not the offical sequel it was not offically anounced and was only a heap of ideas and storyboards ect. And after they started work on it they ditched the project and the name.

Lucasarts then started work on a second idea for the sequel to Full Throttle and after some time, Lucasarts then anounced it offically at E3 as Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels they gave the format the release date, showed a movie of the game in action and gave various info on the game.

A while after the anouncement in various interviews, info on the sequel and the story of how it was created including the first version they had in mind Full Throttle Payback was given. I dident want mention Full Throttle 2 Payback becasue its irrelevent to talk about Payback was not the sequel it was just an idea, Full Throttle 2 Hell On Wheels was not just an idea it was the Offical anounced and was almost complete.

Thanks all the same because of havent seen that particular interview you posted, I had read one in Amiga Power instead.

:guybrush:

They announced Hell on Wheels way before E3, we all knew about it at least a few moths before, in it's early stages.

And yes, I was talking about Payback rather than Hell On Wheels. And I guess I was wrong about indie, but I do stand on what I say when I say that they don't go into a game with the full intent of cancelling it halfway through production, the early stages of any project always involves a veiw of how conceivable the end product would be and whether it would be worth it based on market trends and so on. In my opinion, LEC should ahve never started sam n Max 2 because in the time they srated it to the time they cancelled it, very little change had happened in market treands and anyone could see that adventure games weren't exactly the biggest sellers. Buit LEC were content on making this game, it was probably outside influences from the project team that made them stop.

Oh, and being a regular at mojo for the past 3 years, I know all about the rise and fall of both hell on wheels and freelance police and have both trailers (2 for hell on wheels, a very early one)

and to be honest, hell no wheels didn't look too great, it had too much of an action feel to it and the graphics weren't good enough for it to be in 3D (and was that red haired girl meant to be Mo?!). Yes, it was unprofessional, but if they had released hell on wheels, it was a safe bet that it would have brought down the entire quality value of the full throttle franchise a lot, just as EMI did to the monkey island series.

and to be honest, hell no wheels didn't look too great, it had too much of an action feel to it and the graphics weren't good enough for it to be in 3D (and was that red haired girl meant to be Mo?!).

I liked the look of it and i think it would of been a good game although I agree about it being more action than point and click. Sam and Max Freelance would of been an amazing game it looked the part and it had alot of exciting features. Personally I think it was a big mistake to cancel Full Throtle 2 Hell on Wheels And Sam and Max 2 Freelance and the same goes for Indiana Jones And The Spear of Destiny.

Yes, it was unprofessional, but if they had released hell on wheels, it was a safe bet that it would have brought down the entire quality value of the full throttle franchise a lot, just as EMI did to the monkey island series.

Maybe Lucasarts dont mean to start developing a game take it to E3 to offically show it of and set the format and offical release date, and then cancell it just before its release, but they sure have made a habit of it, and it makes you think what type of Muppets they have working for them.

As for Lucasarts having a strict quality control department how the hell did the Muppets at the lucasarts quality control department allow such a very poor low quality game like Super Bombard racing to get released.

• 4 weeks later...

Still giving out about grammer joshi??? Man, give it a rest. Now remember everyone never press "," without pressing space afterwards because joshi will come to your house and he will....CUT YOU!

By the way this is a joke joshi so please don't reply with one of your infamous argumentitive replies.........:)

Joshi I didn’t find anything Monkey_Master99 said at all offensive and you were quite insulting to them Monkey_Master99 is a new user and it was their first post I didn’t think it was a good example to set by being rather insulting to them you should be encouraging not upsetting people. I just think you should be less aggressive and just give your opinion and views on the subjects. Personally this is about Monkeys Island it’s suppose to be fun and constantly correcting people for their grammar is not fun and it’s irrelevant. Again this is not a dig just my advice on how to improve this site.

Now back to the subject I have to agree with Monkey_Master99.

For the first ever Monkeys Island in full 3D it wasn’t very good graphically and Le Chuck looked rubbish and very low detailed. I liked the other characters they where very good and so where the voiceovers. I would like to see Monkeys Island 5 to be 2D and in Photo realistic graphics or at the least 3D and photo realistic Graphics.

:monkey4: :monkey4: :monkey4::sweating:

I feel compelled to stick up for Joshi, I probably should just let him do it on his own, but I'm feeling argumentative. He is the moderator of these forums and so it is his duty to try and make sure the place is run properly. His points about grammer are vital as many of the readers do not have english as their primary language. Joshi is just trying to make sure that these folks have as much opportunity to understand what is going on as everyone else.

Well I was joking.....I know exactly why he does it. He can be a *rick about it though instead of explaining about the different languages. Just look at his last post on this thread.

Oh, we must have plenty of structure.

Here is some more of that structure now, man, I just can't get enough structure.......BALLS!

As for this Largo chappy, you can be a bit of a *rick too. Hee! Your posts are wayyyyyyyy (Sorry about the grammer joshi) too long.

Anyway, im only joking and taking sly digs. Don't argue this post please, I don't have the energy.

Originally posted by smokes o' pot

Still giving out about grammer joshi??? Man, give it a rest. Now remember everyone never press "," without pressing space afterwards because joshi will come to your house and he will....CUT YOU!

By the way this is a joke joshi so please don't reply with one of your infamous argumentitive replies.........:)

Yeah, you know what, I'm just not gonna dignify this with an actual answer.

Largo, I didn't find it offensive either, just hard to understand.

"Yeah, ye know what, i'm not going to dignify this with an actual answer"

I don't think i wanted an answer, although the above quote is an answer of sorts. I was just making a point. I think you proved it.

As for this Largo bum, I dont read your posts. I noticed they mostly consist of inane dribble, most of them you are arguing with joshi, most of them are longer than an Usbekistanian wedding!

Smokes O Pot they were old posts in which Joshi wrongly accused me of spamming he apologised. So Joshi is not as bad as you think despite his constant correcting people for their grammar.

Smokes O Pot calling you stupid would be an insult to stupid people so just stop arguing.

Originally posted by Largo LaGrande

Joshi Either way cut out the Grammar check the majority of messages from you in all the different posts in the Entire Monkeys Island forum are about Grammar.

Unless you can prove that at least 2230 of my posts are about grammar (and I know for a fact that they aren't) you have no right to say that at all. This whole thing has come about in the past week or so at which point I have made about five or six posts mentioning this and only in most extreme cases where I, a member of these forums for which English is my first language, find it hard to understand and worry about the many members of this forum, for whom English is not a first language, and kindly ask people to take slightly more care in the future.

I now deem this heated discussion to a close and for us to get back to the topic in hand, unless you really want to argue some more.

Originally posted by Largo LaGrande

TAlso I was searching for news to see if there would be PC sequels to some Amiga classics like The Curse of Enchantia, The Legend of Kyrandia, Hook Dark Seed and Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis.

There are sequels to The Legend of Kyrandia, its a trilogy. They are "Hand of Fate" and "Malcom's revenge"

I know there are sequels to The Legend of Kyrandia its indeed a trilogy. The Legend of Kyrandia , The Legend of Kyrandia Hand of Fate and The Legend of Kyrandia Malcom's revenge.

What I want is another sequel to The Legend of Kyrandia series or even a re-release of the trioligy on Pc, or sequels to The Curse of Enchantia, Hook, The Dark Seed series and Indiana Jones And The Fate of Atlantis.

Thanks anyway

EMI definitely could have been better: 2D graphics, point-n-click, fix the plotholes. And a glitch at the Mystes O' Time had me stuck for almost a month and a half.

But I thought it was about as funny as the rest, and if the plot had been not quite as sloppy, it would have been pretty nice.

a glitch at the Mystes O' Time

oh, god. i know what you're talking about. i have/had a glitch in my game (don't know if it's the same one) where when i told guybrush to pull out the clipboard, he put the stick in the water, then pulled it out and put it away, then picked up the stick or something. of course, this was on my second time playing the game, so it didn't get in my way of beating the whole thing at least once, but it was still annoying as hell.

yeah. that frustrated me so much.

there were so many other glitches and things as well, the whole game made me mad. the puzzles, i thought, stunk. i could've made better puzzles than that. overall, mi4 was just a big catastrophe. although the mi series wouldn't be the same without it (actually, it would).

Archived