Home

"Episode III" the new jedi game

Windu Chi

This new jedi game supose to arrive in the spring 2005. I was wondering if any of you out there have any sugesstions about force abilities and combat styles/moves. Also do any of yall want to see the staff and two lightsabers in the game:)

There's a plethora of thoughts on all of this at:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126580

Personally, I like the saberstaff and the dual sabers, and I even think they should be more powerful than a single saber, if the character puts enough points into using them, if not they should be potentially less effective. Dig? Like, a standard Jedi suddenly weidling two blades might find himself off balance and awkward, while another that trained to hone his saber skills to the point he can use two, or a saberstaff with ease, would have to make sacrifices in other departments, or work harder overall. This would make both the single and multiplayer games more interesting in that respect. More balanced in multiplayer as well.

First off if you're referring to the "Vader" game rumored to be in development, I would strongly hesitate to consider it a "Jedi Knight" (as we know them) type game.

I'm more inclined to think of it as a (distant, hopefully prettier and more intelligent) cousin of Obi-Wan, but that's just a hunch. I picture a console friendly, mass-marketed third person game.

This thread's sorta like JK4 speculation, but you're thinking it should be based on the new movie, eh?

The trouble there is we don't know what the new movie is going to be like exactly (if you want to go into spoilers, DON'T, we already have a forum specifically for that, and it isn't here!).

My personal opinion is that basing a game on a single movie usually isn't a very good formula for success if you're forced to follow it too closely, especially with the kinds of things we've come to expect in the JK series.

The best Star Wars games are either based on all the movies (like the classic trilogy) or EU based (virtually the entire JK series), because they have a lot of material to draw from and some freedom to extend out into uncharted territory or fudge things for gameplay purposes without getting too many purists upset.

Originally posted by Prime

I'd like to see the same number or less force powers, but a lot more ways in which those powers affect the enviroment and others.

I know what you mean...

I want to realize that the force can affect my surroundings, and can produce some freakin devasting results when used irresponsibily ;)

When more press info is released, we'll discover the makers behind the game--then we can can answer the ultimate question: Is this the next Jedi Knight, or the next: 'Oh God--Obi Wan 2'?

Actually, Kurgan, the rumors have been suggesting that it will be (and this is LA itself talking) "the most definitive Jedi game ever" - and it seems to be different from the Vader game... which I honestly couldn't care less about.

Hopefully it isn't Obi-wan 2...

We'll see.

Interesting. I haven't been privy to these rumors myself, anybody got any online sources for this? If not, oh well.

If they are calling it the "Definitive Jedi Game" does this mean it has any connection at all with the JK series (ie: an FPS with multiplayer that allows more than just saber dueling)?

Or is this a completely different game purporting to be about Jedi? That's a key thing.

I'll believe it when I see it... (E3 spies, you know what to do!)

I'll sound cynical when I say: Remember Obi-Wan!

I'm of the same mind as Kurgan. Just because they've mentioned it's a 'Jedi' game, it doesn't necessarily follow that it's a potential sequel in the Jedi Knight series. Obi-Wan was also a game about a Jedi. Hell, even Knights Of The Old Republic fits into that definition.

So at this juncture, their cryptic comments could mean anything.

Besides, the Jedi Knight series has traditionally had a strong PC presence, and this new title is focused on consoles as the main development platform. If they intended it for the PC, they probably would have included PC as one of the development platforms in the announcement.

I also have a hunch that this Episode III game will be more similar to the Obi-Wan game...and will probably be about Vader.

Originally posted by Kurgan.

Interesting. I haven't been privy to these rumors myself, anybody got any online sources for this? If not, oh well.

If they are calling it the "Definitive Jedi Game" does this mean it has any connection at all with the JK series (ie: an FPS with multiplayer that allows more than just saber dueling)?

Yeah, check out the stuff over at TFN in their games section to get the information you're looking for Kurgan. It's always there first.

Originally posted by StormHammer

I also have a hunch that this Episode III game will be more similar to the Obi-Wan game...and will probably be about Vader.

Actually, all indications are that it's separate from the Vader game that's coming forth as well. Similar to Obi-wan wouldn't surprise me, but the fact that they're calling it the "most definitive" would tend to inspire at least a little hope... Again, for a better source of information than me, check out TFN, they've got a lot of good stuff on it...

Originally posted by Kurgan

The best Star Wars games are either based on all the movies (like the classic trilogy) or EU based (virtually the entire JK series), because they have a lot of material to draw from and some freedom to extend out into uncharted territory or fudge things for gameplay purposes without getting too many purists upset.

Is KOTOR story EU... ?? I think it is the best StarWars

game I have played so far... :rolleyes:

Archived