Home

Monkey Island the Movie

daltysmilth

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Because nobody under the age of 40 has every directed a film. And we're all 10.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Scabb was being metaphorical. At heart, we are all ten year old fans of the old LucasArts adventure games, with the child-like innocence and enthusiasm, but being a filmmaker requires life experiences, maturity, and a buttload of responsibility. So in order for us to succeed in the picture business, we'd have to "grow up."

(Yeah, I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic.)

I reckon the Guybrush role should go to

That guy looks somewhat like Jason Lee... although I would want Lee to play Otis. And Zach Braff still is THE ultimate Guybrush.

And I still vote for Robin Williams as Stan... I don't care the age. But the fast-talking sales-man... Williams could really pull that of FANTASTICALLY!

• 3 months later...
Actually, Cera doing something more akin to this --
-- than George Michael would have been pretty sweet.

Wow. That is quite awesome.

I think, whatever else we might think about a Monkey Island movie, we can all agree that Uwe Boll should NOT be allowed to direct it. In fact, I wonder if it would be possible to get a pre-emptive restraining order that would prevent him from even considering a Monkey Island movie.

• 3 years later...

Having seen Scott Pilgrim Vs. The World lends further credence to my opinion that Michael Cera would make an awesome Guybrush Threepwood. And I'm surprised it didn't occur to me before, but I think Edgar Wright would be a good choice for director of a theoretical Monkey Island movie.

• 10 months later...

A friend and I were toying with the idea of a Monkey Island movie. We've conducted a list of actors, though it's highly unrealistic to get them all:

Guybrush threepwood: Zach Braff

Le'chuck: Martin Sheen/William Shatner

Bob, Le'chuck's second in command: Kevin Spacy.

Dead voodoo head: Robin Williams.

Voodoo Lady: Woopi Goldberg.

Sword Master Carla: Halee Berry.

Elaine Marley: Angelina Julie.

Herman Toothrot: John Lithgow.

Otis: Alan Rickman.

Stan: Gilbert Gottfried.

Meathook: Michael Clarke Duncan.

That's as far as we got.

Archived