Home

Home is where you break your DivX

Tahnee

Okay, so I'm really belatedly downloading all the EMI cutscenes...and I think there might be a problem with the "Home Is Where You Squish Your Hat" one. When I downloaded it (using a download manager, iGetter), it unzipped just fine...but when I loaded it in QuickTime (6.0) I got nothing but a black screen and little sound bytes every so often, but no real sound. And all the other .avi files I have (including some EMI cutscenes) play just fine, so I don't think it's a DivX issue.

This could be a problem at my end; the download could've been corrupted or something...I could redownload it and check, but I'm on the world's slowest modem, and I'd rather check and make sure than download a corrupted/broken file all over again.

Okay, so I redownloaded the file...and I'm still having problems. Here's what's going on:

iGetter insists that the file is 8.04MB in size. Mozilla, on the other hand, says that it's 8.2MB. But it always stops the download at 8MB even, and then when I unzip it I have the no picture/soundbyte thing going on. Um, yeah. I have no idea what's going on there...but it's weird either way. Help?

• 11 months later...

Archived