• Final Fantasy III
    • Final Fantasy IV
    • Final Fantasy V
    • Final Fantasy VI
    • Final Fantasy VII
    • Final Fantasy VIII
    • Final Fantasy IX
    • Final Fantasy X or XI or XII or other

7 Hands down. If they remade the game with better graphics but it was the same exact game for PS2 or the newer PS3 it would be a best hit by the end of the day. 7 is still the only one I play regularly.

7 - greatest I have literally spent over 1000 hours on this game

8 - only reason to play is the storyline and the CGIs

9 - A nice inbetween game between 7+9. Nothing spectacularly bad or great. Need better heroes.

10 - I loved this game. I maxed out everything I could. The only thing I haven't done is beat the original creations at the beast place.

10/2 - I liked this one too. The boss is soooo stinking easy though. The cross between this and FF Tactics is nice and I like playing with 3 ladies.

BTP

Originally posted by Kain

Gotta go with the original.

are you talking about FF1 Kain, or FF7 ?

I go for FF9, it was the game that got me into the series, FFX follows close second :p

I love the tactics games, and *cant wait* for FF12, set back in Ivalice(like the Tactics games) :D

mtfbwya

Everyone is going to vote FF7 because it was the biggest one. Yea, well without the original, 7 would have never been a twinkle in the creators eyes.

here's some useless trivia for y'all :

Hironubu Sakaguchi was a young game developer, and was asked to make a game for the ole NES back in the 80s. His original efforts werent up to scratch and were rejected by Nintendo. They were fast running out of funds and for a time it looked like he was going to have to abandon his dreams of being a game designer.... (That quote I have at the bottom of my sig came from an interview with him describing this period of his life.... )

anyways, someone at Nintendo was clever enough to allow Sakaguchi to try one more time. It really was make or break, and out of this was created "Final Fantasy" The word Final is a testimony to the fact that it was that last chance that Sakaguchi's was given that paid off..... Needless to say, over a dozen games and spin offs later, I'm sure that original person at Nintendo that gave Sakaguchi the thumbs up feels quite vindicated..

Alot of the modern success of the FF franchise is due to squaresoft's collaboration with Sony, but that is another story.....

there ya go :p

mtfbwya

I already knew that, Astro. Thats common knowledge.

That was for the kids playing at home Kain, who might wonder(as I did once), "Why do they call it Final Fantasy when they keep making them in numerical sequence?" .... your comment about the twinkle in the creators eye is what made me remember it....besides, it's hardly common knowledge unless you are a reasonably fanatic FF/square fan....

*resumes wait for KOTOR 2, contemplates resuming FFX-2 to pass the time* :p

mtfbwya

Originally posted by CapNColostomy

*Walks into thread, confirms that it's the same FF and not something new like maybe Fantastic Four or something. Screams with much sarcasm "CAN WE GET ABOUT 50 MORE THREADS ABOUT THIS CRAP GOING A DAY, PEOPLE!?!?!" Runs out of thread*

*slap*

I like FF6 the best. Good ol cross dressing psycho clown kefka

firstly, ignore the CapN, he knew this thread was abount Final Fantasy but just came in here to leave his mark and express his well known opninion of FF... :p

*raspberries the CapN*

you can tell most of us are more modern FF fans , mainly liking from 7 onwards... murasamune's mentioning FF6 reminds me of the chilling flame wars that erupt when such threads are started at any FF forum.... and yes, it always comes down to FF6 vs FF3

I hope they plan to re-do FF3, it seems to be the only one of the old nintendo games that hasnt been revamped for the psx....

I have only played FF3 a little and only on a emulator .... unless you happen to have an old nintendo and the orginal cart, there are no other ways to play it.....

mtfbwya

FF3/6 is on FF: Anthologies for PSX. Although given the crappy load times of the psx, it's almost better to play it on the SNES. :p

And uh is there really a diff between the American and Jap version of FF3/6 besides the language?

Originally posted by MuRaSaMuNe

FF3/6 is on FF: Anthologies for PSX. Although given the crappy load times of the psx, it's almost better to play it on the SNES. :p

And uh is there really a diff between the American and Jap version of FF3/6 besides the language?

I dunno..... Kainski might know, otherwise you'd have to check somewhere like FF Extreme....

mtfbwya

From what I could gather, the only real difference is the name of some of the weapons; namely the Masamune. It had a wierd name in the Japanese version; one so odd, it bares not repeating...and I don't remember it.

Thats for both the games, too.

What I wanna know is whats the difference between 9's normal ending and the ending where you have the Hammer? I can't see anything different.

Archived