Home

Van Helsing

Darth Rythe

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should have made a Vampire Hunter D movie instead. You can tell the movie is crap because of all the ads for it. The big cheese people are hoping to spend 5 million to dupe people into spending 20 million more. Any movie that has all these monsters and no Mummy is just not worth watching.

I will watch it though for Kate. She is hot. #3 on my list.

BTP

I saw it the other night. Twas ok, sorta reminded me of the League of Extraordinary Gentleman, the way it combined characters from different stories. The effects were great...ILM did a great job :D like they did in PiratesOTC...

...So if you want something dark and serious, dont go see this. If you liked LXG, wanna see how ILMs coming along, and wanna see Kate Beckinsale in many tight outfits, then you'll probably enjoy Van Helsing.... :D

mtfbwya

Meh. I heard it suxed too. But I got the rant from the dude at the comic book store :eekanime: (however, getting the new Spawn was worth sitting...standing?...thru it)

Basically, its weak 'cause it plays like one big parody.

Secondly, most movies with a Frankenstien monster lurking around tend to really sux...another strike.

And of course, as Astrotoy7 points out, it suffers from "League" syndrome (The Time Machine suffered this syndrome as well, so did the Mummy Returns*.)

I think I may see it, just for the effects, and maybe Hugh Jackman ( I am...::hangs head in shame:: a X men fan...)

Behold, the summer sewage begins...i mean, movies.

*the first Mummy (1999), rox my sox

Well Rotten Tomatoes, slammed it, but they slammed The Punisher too. They praised Hellboy, but I was somewhat dissapointed with Hellboy. I'm not saying it was bad, but it felt like something was missing, and half the time, I found difficulty in understanding the villian's plot to take over the world or whatever. The Punisher was more of a gangster/mob movie than anything, which really fit the character, yet it still had some comic style appeal to it.

Van Helsing does look a bit clownish though, I still think i'm gonna see it. Rhett is usually a pretty good streight forward critic, so i'm gonna wait and see what he says first.

Hee hee.

Just saw it today with my mum (we're both special effects suckers, and expected the story to be cheesy. Which of course it was.)

Mucho, mucho eye candy, including a large number of ridiculously attractive male and female stars, and (duh) the monsters. (Mostly. Mr. Hyde looked about as real as Shrek.) Oh yes, and loved the music as well.

Plot? Story? Characterization? Good dialogue? What are those?

Well, okay, there's bits of them in places, but in small doses... So they don't distract you from the action scenes, I guess ;)

Originally posted by InsaneSith

*holds up a picture of hugh jackman*

theres your eye candy. that's about all I enjoyed of it.

Wait, you liked Hugh Jackman but not Kate Beckinsale?

Are you tyring to come out of the closet and tell us something, IS? :p

Archived